Bachelor of Science, Computer Technologies and Information Systems
Guilford Collage (Greensboro, NC) May 2012 to May 2015
Associate of Science, Cyber Security and Data Assurance
Guilford Technical Community College (Greensboro, NC) Sept 2021 to May 2023/in progress
Google Project Management/ May 2022
Six Sigma/Lean Process Yellow Belt/ May 2022
Computer and Technology Integration / May 2022
IT Support Technical Skills Help Desk/ May 2022
Business Administration/ December 2022/in progress
Cyber Security and Data Assurance /December 2022/in progress
Linux Support Admin/May 2023/in progress
First set up a profile on LinkedIn if not already on there, see https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-filippi/
Then use LinkedIn to search for particular positions, such as Cyber security etc. Fidelity and SAS as well as many other firms have operations in Raleigh NC. I am not familiar with your area of Greensboro, although my nephew Mathew Trifan is an MD at a hospital there.
Connect with me if you like on LinkedIn as I have over 2500 contacts at various IT and Financial firms, that I can introduce you to if they are at a company you are targeting. It is important to have someone on the inside to show your resume to a hiring manager. When you submit your resume online it is reviewed by a computer to see if you have certain key words. Which is a reason to tweak your resume for each position.
Search for jobs using keywords.
Examine stated job preferred requirements
Supplement skills with training as necessary
Submit resume highlighting desired skills & experience.
I've added links to information & videos under these sections of my EE webpage that you might find useful:
http://eehot.com/ee.html#jobs - job searches
http://eehot.com/ee.html#gjobs - Gov job searches.
http://eehot.com/ee.html#mentoring - traverse BLS to find dream career
http://eehot.com/ee.html#va - see VRRAP
http://eehot.com/ee.html#pm -proj. man.
Commercial Job search "Computer Technology & Information System" , your location 861 jobs:
Gov Job search "Computer Technology & Information System" , your location 22 jobs:
Forward a resume and I can put you in for a referral…
I actually don’t care much about how much I make, I am thinking I want to go in to IT project management, but don’t have a strong background in PM as of yet. Below is the experience I have listed on my resume for this position.
I guess with my education I am wanting to know what options seem like they might be a good fit for me.
I have a strong love for both IT and PM, so I feel this is the position that I would be best suited for, but I also and wondering what other positions would incorporate both. I am also currently working on SSGB. I just feel the six sigma is helpful in PM processes.
City of Greensboro Greensboro, NC
Technology Systems Assistant November 2021 to Present
• Troubleshooting and resolving IT-related issues for employees and clients
• Installing, configuring and upgrading systems to ensure compatible hardware/software is installed on equipment
• Monitoring the performance of networking equipment and servers to ensure efficiency and prevent downtimes
• Installing and testing firewalls, servers, software and hardware for functionality and productivity
• Content creation for training employees on technical software
• Reporting to city officials and upper management
• Feasibility reporting
National General Insurance (NGIC)Winston-Salem, NC
IT Support/Badging Specialist June 2020 to November 2021
• Resolve employees’ and contractors’ technical issues via phone, email, and in person
• Diligently manage employee onboarding and off boarding, granting and removing access to specific individuals’ daily
• Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly access control audits and provide access control configuration reports
• Assist SOC / GSOC with employee requests (e.g. access control issues and troubleshooting)
• Keep a pulse on the security system / access control / badging software for full functionality
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with Safety Management
• Lead companywide badging operations
BMK Inc. Greensboro, NC
District Manager March 2009 to December
• Accountable for the recruiting, training, and supervision of employees; ensured excellent customer service
• Established and implemented daily operating procedures in stores; resolved customer complaints.
• Monitored cash and inventory; took the appropriate measures to replenish inventory and balance cash.
• Maintain organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
• Assist in planning annual or specific budgets.
• Manage overall day to day operations of the store, including hiring, reviewing, and employee scheduling.
• Develop rapport and make connections with the retail team and customers
Very solid education and certifications, Rose.
1) What experience do you have that complements the education?
2) What do you want to do? I see hands on technical, technical project management, and process improvement. After a 40-year career, I have found that truly enjoying what you do and who you do it with is more important than trying to squeeze every dollar out of position.
Please log in to answer this question.