Please upgrade your web browser

These pages are built with modern web browsers in mind, and are not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or below. Please try using another web browser, such as Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

In pursuing a career if I have to go to school is their financial aid available


Robert Fry Orange Park, FL

I have wanted to get into the healthcare field and work as a radio cardiologist or an emergency medical technician and I would need help with the schooling is that available to me

14 May 2021 2 replies Education & Training



Lori York Lakeville, MN

Yes, apply for financial aid (grants, loans, work-study) as you are applying to colleges and universities. It's the only way to see what types and what amounts of funding is available to you. Remember that financial aid can be paid in addition to VA Educaiton Benefits - one doesn't disqualify from the other and one doesn't subtract from the other.

Get started at


Sam Hoffman Roslyn Heights, NY

I think radiology tech and paramedic you can find AS degrees that you would get at your local community college. The GI Bill covers that for sure.
Good luck!

Your Answer

Please log in to answer this question.

Sign Up

You can join as either a Veteran or an Advisor.

An Advisor already has a career, with or without military experience, and is willing to engage with and help veterans.
Sign Up as an Advisor.

A Veteran has military experience and is seeking a new career, or assistance with life after service.
Sign Up as a Veteran.