- MGM Resorts International
- Service Industry & Retail
- Las Vegas, NV
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
It is the primary responsibility of the Senior Accountant to perform varied accounting functions to include assisting with preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and established company policies, preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and perform ad-hoc accounting projects as requested by management. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Record transactional activity timely and accurately in the general ledger.
- Evaluate and implement internal controls so that processes are operating effectively.
- Provide necessary reporting on financial data, ensuring all requested reporting (ad-hoc and routine) are completed in a timely manner and contain accurate information.
- Ensure proper planning and resource availability for assigned projects; develop, design, measure, and ensure analytical and control activities are operating effectively with the department; Supervise projects according to plans.
- Participate in project implementation for systems and/or processes related to the corporate department initiated by other departments and/or by the department to ensure that requirements are met and/or work efficiently enhanced.
- Ensure accounting records and practices adhere to GAAP and MGM Resorts International Operations accounting policies and remain standard across all business units.
- Supervise the allocation of resources, performance and any competing requirements to meet internal customer expectations, Service Level * Agreement performance thereby enabling achievement of business case benefits realization.
- Provide support, training, mentoring, problem resolution, and development to accountants on an ongoing basis to ensure the department performs at a maximum performance level. Plan, schedule, and manage the staff to promote efficiency in completing their job responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and international regulatory requirements including SOX, gaming regulations, minimum internal control requirements, IRS, anti-money laundering laws and internal control requirements.
- Lead, drive, communicate and be accountable for shared service strategies that deliver high quality, cost effective and value support services across MGM Resorts International.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent.
- At least 2 years accounting/audit experience.
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including executives and consulting with key business stakeholders.
- Experience pulling financial reports and utilizing them to make recommendations and decisions based on financial data.
- Experience preparing and reviewing general ledger account reconciliations.
Experience with monthly and quarterly financial reporting including P&L review.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 years gaming industry experience.
- Previous knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts International gaming and financial systems ( Tandem, CMS, Machine Accounting, CBS, Bravo Poker, XpertX, Mlife, Infinium, Showcase Strategy, Cognos Finance).
- Previous knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Experience leading and mentoring a team.
Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort or financial shared service center setting.
This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.
Please visit our careers site at https://www.mgmresorts.com/careers or simply slick the link below. Be sure to select “Military Recruiting Team” when asked how you heard about us?