- Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC)
- Manufacturing & Construction
- Huntington, WV
This position is responsible for the inspection and collection of data to evaluate potential hazards of the manufacturing work place to ensure safety policies are in place. Also responsible for auditing and monitoring manufacturing work areas to examine work conditions and observe safety procedures. The position reports to the EH&S Director.
• Conduct department and facility safety audits.
• Develop and conduct risk assessments and JSA for all relevant tasks.
• Help maintain OSHA Compliance at the facility.
• Assist in incident investigations and root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Collect and manage injury data to effectively reduce our injury rate with a focus on near misses
• Environmental, Health and Safety policy enforcement.
• Provide administrative support to the Environmental, Health and Safety Director. Includes, but is not limited to typing/copying/distributing correspondence and various other materials, preparation of various reports, compiling and maintaining statistical information for leading and lagging metrics files, maintains individual safety files for facility.
• Coordinates/conducts various compliance monitoring including noise studies, ergonomic evaluations and industrial hygiene monitoring.
• Member of Emergency Response Team during emergency evacuation and other plant emergencies.
• Completes special projects for all facets of department services on as needed basis. Other duties as assigned.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Safety, Health and/or Environmental required.
• Experience working with OSHA standards and safety procedures.
• 2+ years working with an OSHA based Safety Program, preferred.
• Experience performing/writing Job Hazard Analysis, preferred.
• Experience performing Industrial Hygiene and ergonomic assessments, preferred.
• Experience with local, state, and federal environmental reporting and regulating.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point with the willingness to learn new programs on an as needed basis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to read, understand, and interpret regulatory requirements such as OSHA and EPA regulations and others.
• Ability to climb stairs or ladders, work at various heights.
• HAZWOPER, First Responder, First Aid certifications a plus.
• Knowledge of factory equipment, building systems and processes.
• Computer skills
• Technical Knowledge
• Quality Focus
• Problem Solving
• Resolving Conflict
• Quality Control
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
(This position is eligible for a referral bonus per the PCC Metals Group Referral Bonus Program)