- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Manager, Meetings and Programs. This part-time position (3 to 4 days/week) is grant-funded and pending CMS contract approval. Reporting to the Senior Manager, coordinates educational programs, meetings and events both onsite and virtually for the Hospital Quality Improvement contract, including the registration process and meeting and logistics planning. Serves as primary coordinator for all educational activities associated with this grant as well as project coordinator among all divisions and external stakeholders. The Hospital Quality Improvement contract is a public-private partnership that offers programs, education and technical assistance to NYS hospitals to make patient care safer.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in communication and detail-management, the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and the ability to make substantive contributions to division and organizational excellence.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate’s degree with a minimum of five years related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• 2 years related meeting and event planning experience
• Experience in administering web-based management, registration and/ or learning management systems.
• Experience utilizing software platforms for web conferencing, presentation, screen sharing, creating eLearning content (such as Adobe Connect, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Captivate and/ or Webex).
• Deadline driven with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, high degree of professionalism, poise, tact and attention to detail.
• Experience working with databases, including setting up various data parameters and price lists, running queries, using report writers, ensuring data integrity.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently or as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Some limited overnight travel within New York State.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and experience reconciling detailed transactions to supporting documents and reports, batch processing of transactions, and cash receipts processing preferred.
• Experience with developing online e-learning programs or computer-based virtual courses a plus
• Knowledgeable of the project life cycle and key components of project work is preferred.
• HTML writing experience, is a plus.
We offer the opportunity to work at a Capital Region Top Employer* with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012.
Please refer to the following link to apply: