- British Telecom
- Information Technology
- New York, NY
Global Marketing Specialist – Acquisition (128791)
Location: NYC Metro - USA
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT Global is a strategic business unit under BT Group that serves the largest 800 multinational customers in the world. Banking and Financial Services (BFS) is one of three industry verticals that BT Global provides services to. The strategy of BT Global and the BFS vertical is to grow the business. BT is at a pivotal stage where we are changing the way we operate and adapting to our customers’ needs. Our forthcoming rebrand reflects the internal change that is going on.
Accounts in BT Global are segmented to House, Acquisition, and Incubator accounts. Most of the revenue in BFS comes from 15% of House accounts where growth opportunity is limited. As such, we have restructured to create a new sales organisation with two new sales leadership roles that will be focused on acquisition, where we have little or no business. This new structure will come into place on 1st January 2020.
A brand new role has been created in the marketing team to be the critical lead to achieving the business strategy and will support these two new sales heads to aggressively grow the business across Acquisition and Incubator accounts
What you'll be doing
• For a defined set of Acquisition accounts you will be responsible for the account based marketing (ABM) strategy, planning and execution.
• For Incubator accounts, you will develop a cluster ABM approach, designing and implementing the cluster ABM plan
• You will deepen our customer relationships with the Acquisition accounts and generate demand for business (pipeline, iCV, NPS, revenue) in the defined set of target accounts to increase our share of wallet and engage prospects in this sector through all the touchpoints along the customer journey.
• Develop knowledge of the Financial Services industry, understanding their key challenges and opportunities, the trends, the regulatory landscape and the key influencers in the sector.
• Understand the competitors and their differentiators and how BT can compete against them effectively
• Work closely with the two new sales leadership roles and their respective teams to agree plans to underpin sales targets and growth ambitions for the year, the focus accounts to target, upcoming contract renewals with competitors and the account strategy
• Attend weekly sales meetings, contributing marketing advice and giving your marketing updates
• Working closely with the rest of the BFS Marketing team and the wider Global Marketing team, you will optimise the use of marketing tools for lead generation campaigns, including leveraging BT Global core stories and digital themes, client case studies, search engine marketing, content marketing, paid social, email marketing, mobile marketing, video marketing, events, BT customer experience centres, PR, partner marketing, analyst and consultant relations
• You will provide weekly updates to the Head of Customer Marketing - Banking and Financial Services and provide a metrics dashboard demonstrating progress against agreed KPIs and objectives
• You will ensure BT Global product propositions, messaging, brand strategy and tools are embedded and used in ABM programmes.
• Continuously share best practices in ABM with the Banking and Financial Services Marketing team and feedback customer insights, wins/losses and sales goals
• Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills with the sales teams and senior management.
• Be the Acquisition and Incubator accounts expert in the marketing team and the marketing expert in the two sales teams. Ensure the two sales teams are kept abreast of relevant Global marketing, communications, events, PR and analyst and consultant relations activities.
• Assess whether to do marketing activities in terms of ROI, such as whether the spend on an event will generate a sufficient number of leads or give exposure to the C-Suite personas at target accounts.
• You will grow and refresh the C-Suite persona information in Salesforce for this sector, identifying the makeup of the decision-making unit in customer accounts.
• Different campaigns and messaging will be run for different C-Suite personas e.g. CIO campaigns, CEO campaigns, CMO campaigns etc, using the customer’s language and your understanding of their needs to engage them.
• In addition to focus and cluster ABM programmes, you will also be responsible for implementing some vertical level marketing programmes, tactical marketing initiatives and the support and drive of central marketing programmes.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Demonstrable track record helping to grow a business
• Strong experience as an Account Based Marketer
• Strong marketing planning & analytical skills
• Understanding of the Financial Services landscape including challenges and opportunities
• Understand our portfolio of solutions
• Ability to carry out marketing competitor analysis for the relevant accounts
• Proven experience facilitating workshops, briefing in campaigns, hosting webinars and demonstrating basic marketing skills
• Demonstrate the confidence to communicate and enable an ecosystem of influencers, stakeholders and sales teams around a strategic program.
• Commercial understanding of the overall business strategy and goals and how ABM aligns
• A positive and solution-orientated attitude to win through opposition and the resilience to get results
• Innovative and digital approach in marketing to engage millennial C-level personas
• Analytical thinking and commercial understanding of the sector, sales pipeline and targets. Understanding of pipeline, iCV and revenue relationships.
• Familiarity with using Salesforce and Eloqua. Ability to track/tag opportunities in Salesforce.
• Ability to collaborate across all lines of business and work effectively in a global matrix environment.
• Good understanding of our propositions, digital themes and core stories.
• Strong PowerPoint skills and ability to produce slide decks suitable for Exec level presentations and RFPs
• Account Based Marketing
• Demonstrable experience growing a business
• Ability to win business from competitors
• Customer facing experience
• Financial Services Industry knowledge
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
BT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply Directly Online: