- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is currently seeking a full-time Associate Director, Member Relations. This position reports to the Vice President, External Affairs, and is primarily responsible for coordinating projects and activities needed to meet the goals of the Member Relations divisional workplan, which is designed to enhance overall member participation, engagement, and satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-starter with a strong degree of professionalism and excellent communication and relationship-building skills. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to independently lead and manage initiatives, effectively collaborate with other HANYS divisions and work with our members.
• Plans and executes strategies to improve member engagement in HANYS events and activities.
• Identifies enhancements to the organizational membership database and facilitate the strategic use of membership data to enhance HANYS activities.
• Analyzes and tracks health system trends and affiliation activities in New York State; serves as an internal resource on member organization developments.
• Assists with implementation of fundraising activities for the HANYS Political Action Committee (PAC).
• Coordinates the development of targeted programs to orient and engage members with HANYS, including member visits and contacts.
• Leads the associate membership program and responds to inquiries regarding membership.
• Bachelor’s degree required (in public health, health administration, public policy, or other relevant business areas); Master’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Three years minimum experience in trade association membership, strategic leadership, or equivalent related experience.
• Project management skills with attention to detail preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to present to various audiences.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to lead initiatives independently and also work as part of a team.
• Occasional travel within New York State is expected.
We offer the opportunity to work at a Capital Region Top Employer* with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012.