- VisX Corporation
- Science & Energy
- North Las Vegas, NV
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Procurement/Supply Chain, Business, or a related field or equivalent training and experience with at least 7 years relevant, progressively responsible experience. 11 years experience without Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with procurement of materials in nuclear facilities, or similar experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer is preferred, not required.
- 2 or more years of experience participating in the procurement process and able to articulate the basic procurement process is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience in translating engineering, operations, procurement and construction requirements to technical specifications or statements of work for the purpose of vendor solicitation.
Demonstrated technical writing and personal computer skills.
- Ability to work with Engineering and Project Personnel to establish performance criteria, Statements of Work (SOW), Technical Evaluation Plans (TEP), (WBS; Dictionary, objectives, assumptions, and deliverables) and specifications for complex fabrication, construction, services and manufacturing procurements.
- Works with Project Personnel and Integrated Project Teams (IPT Teams), who will develop resource estimates and a baseline schedule for projects, in support of the MSTS Customer.
- Serves as liaison between Engineering, Project Managers, Requestors, and Procurement.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise to projects in the pre-planning of project acquisitions and procurement.
- Works with Project Planner who will ensure that all materials have been ordered in a timely manner to meet project deliverables.
- Works with Procurement to ensure project documents submitted to Procurement will facilitate timely awards, and assists with expediting deliverables.
- Assist the project team with development of the bill of materials & material lists.
- Assist the project team with technical input in the development of technical criteria needed for solicitation of the items or services needed.
- Assists the requestor to provide status for assigned purchases when required by workload, complexity, or other factors.
- Provides technical guidance on preparation, solicitation, negotiation, award and administration of procurement documents.
- Participates in conferences between Procurement, Project Personnel, Engineers, inspectors, and other company personnel to facilitate delivery, material inspection, substitution, standardization, rework, salvage, utilization, and the economical procurement of supplies, construction and services.
- Assists in coordinating and monitoring the advanced acquisition plan for major acquisitions, including the development of overall strategy for managing the acquisition.
- Assists with ensuring that each procurement activity is executed in total, according to federal and Mission Support and Test Services LLC directives, policies, and procedures.
- Provides technical recommendation related to approval or disapproval of sole source requisitions and enforces policies to obtain additional sources to preclude sole source noncompetitive purchases.
- Provide Engineering or Procurement assistance on other projects, as assigned.
- Ensures that hazardous material procurement documents are properly identified and coded.
- Promotes and implements small business; small, disadvantaged business; women-owned business; and labor-surplus programs to achieve DOE-assigned goals.
- Accept individual responsibility and accountability for environment, safety, health, and quality processes within personal control, personal safety, and the safety of co-workers. Comply with established regulations and procedures for environment, safety, health, and quality and perform duties in a way that will not cause personal danger, endanger other individuals, or violate environment, safety, health, and quality regulations. Promptly correct or report any hazard or potential hazard to supervision. Participate in and embrace MSTS environment, safety, health, and quality initiatives.
contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org