U.S. Army Reserve Colonel
30 years served
Seeking a career in operations & logistics
RAPHAEL D. BRUCE
2639 Jacobs Crest Cove, Grayson Ga 30017 (404) 918-2950 firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Dynamic and highly competitive leader with over 20+ years of experience who excels in company growth innovation. Brings invaluable experience steering management strategies in logistics operations, including workforce management, staff coaching, training and development, immediate conflict mediation and resolution, records management, policy development and implementation, and legal compliance. Reputation as a self-directed individual skilled at developing strong relationships with clients of varying backgrounds. Self-motivated with excellent leadership skills and significant experience in on-hand supervision and optimizing employee capabilities. Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through customer interactions, special presentations, report generation, and production of training materials. Hard working, resourceful, and excellent problem solver with the ability to consistently provide strategic recommendations to achieve goals and leadership requirements while also establishing quality assurance. Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills that engage and inspire others with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
P&L- Lead Generation-Loyalty-Relationship Management-Revenue Generation- Operational Processes
Project Planning-Vendor Negotiations-Account Management-Facilities Management
Performance Management-Operations Management-Content Creation-Compliance
Continuous Improvement-Operations Management- Operating Budgets- Human Resources
Engagement-Supply Chain Management- Maintenance Management- Transportation Management- Logistics Management
Eastern Service Area Supervisor, Logistic Support Service Center FAA Southern Region, Atlanta, GA
July 2014- February 2020
• Provide program management to 30 full-time personnel to support acquisition management, real estate/appraisal services, space management, materiel management, environmental/hazardous material support, and administrative logistics for the FAA.
• As a result of my leadership, my teams received 25 commendations for outstanding support
• Developed and maintained Project Management Plan, Staffing Plan, and Quality Control Plan
• Resolved problems under the contract, ensured reports and other deliverables are on time
• Directed fifteen (15) employees supporting the FAA Eastern Region personal property, motor fleet, annual inventories, capitalization, and excess property disposal support. The successful direction of employees led to the FAA Eastern Service Area meeting the 95% goal for the FY 16 Rolling Inventory.
• Directed inventory control team that retired more than 60 FAA assets valued at over $45 million.
RAPHAEL D. BRUCE
Director of Logistics, 108th Training Command (USAR), Charlotte, NC: July 2012- April 2015
• Lead all logistical support and readiness operations for a large federal agency in support of over 8700 Soldiers and Civilians spread over 43 states
• Managed a $5.2 million logistics operations and maintenance budget annually; Promoted productivity and cost efficiency
• Managed over $2 million dollars in command-wide contracts
• Maintained accountability for $47 million of property and equipment
• Supervised Department managers, Logistical analyst and Budget analyst. Coordinated work schedules, organized work flow, trained new personnel and evaluated performance
• Evaluated organizational effectiveness; Negotiated metrics among stakeholders
Senior Logistics Analyst, United States Army Forces Command, FT McPherson, GA:
July 2008- July 2011.
• Researched, collected, and analyzed operational data to develop cost effective solutions
• Provide worldwide logistical support directing 55,700 pieces of equipment in support of Army units ensuring satisfactory and timely completion of all assigned missions
• Reduced excess equipment from over 19,000 pieces to just over 400 pieces in 11 months through efficient planning
• Ensured compliance with Dept. of Defense established standards and procedures
Team Chief FORSCOM G4 Deployments, United States Army Forces Command,
FT McPherson, GA: 2004- July 2008.
• Developed solutions to maximize operational readiness of more than 600 units and over 214,000 tons of equipment deploying to Southwest Asia
• Provided policy guidance and technical assistance to a customer base of over 50,000 subordinate organizations deploying to Southwest Asia
• Developed comprehensive support plan that supported the successful deployment of fifteen (15) Brigades Combat Teams, four (4) Combat Aviation Brigades, and three hundred - eighty (380) Transition Teams. As a result, this effort no mission or deployment was negatively impacted due to logistics support
Ammunitions Branch Chief, 3rd US Army, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait: 2003- 2004.
• Lead a startup multifunctional logistics organization operating over geographically dispersed area providing ammunition for a combat force in excess of 150,000 Soldiers and Marines during Operation Iraqi Freedom
• Managed a staff of 20 mid-level managers that planned, organized and controlled all ammunition logistics policies, and procedures for Southwest Asia
• Directly responsibility for the accountability of Five Billion Dollars of US Army ammunition
• Developed an effective support plan that allowed commanders to pursue the battle with no interruption in ammunition support, which led directly to a decisive victory
RAPHAEL D. BRUCE
Support Operations Officer, 3rd US Army, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait: 2001- 2003.
• Responsible for the management and administration of all staff sections ensuring all internal and external operations were complete
• Responsibility for quality assurance; analyzed expenditure reports, plan development, and provide world-class customer support
• Created and executed programs which ensured the Theater storage area was completed ahead of schedule, resulting in over One Million Dollars in savings to the US government
• Advised senior leaders on matters related to the development of ammunition allowances for both training and combat operations
Education: Master’s- Education/ Instruction- Central Michigan University
Bachelor of Science- Rust College- Business Administration/Management
Diploma- Command and General Staff College
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word), Army Maintenance Management System/Supply, Warehouse Operations, Automated Inventory Tracking System (AITS), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Commander's Safety Course, Standard Army Maintenance System-Enhanced (SAMS-E)
U.S. Army Colonel- Senior Leader (Retired)
• Army Colonel, senior leader and manager, retired after 30 years of combined Active and Reserve service. Highly experienced in Multi-Functional Logistics (inventory control, warehousing, transportation, maintenance, and demand analysis/fulfillment), Operations, Strategic Planning, and Organizational Structure and Change Management.
• Promoted from lowest entry level to senior leader / management level; successfully held positions from Team Leader to Director.
• Adviser to senior Department of Defense (DoD) leadership providing operations analysis, strategic planning, and concept development.
• Spearheaded three long-term multi-functional logistics programs across key Defense Departments and other government agencies to develop strategic concepts, structural changes, policies, and plans to improve Army Unit operational efficiency.
• Initiated strategic plans and concepts for executive level DoD leaders supporting development of budget estimates supplied to Congress.
• Directed a team of six personnel forecasting and processing requirements for equipment in support of all U.S. personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan.
• Successfully distributed or redistributed more than 10,000 pieces of equipment to more than 50 organizations within the United States.
• Planned and executed deployment of over 30,000 personnel and 20,000 pieces of equipment in support of military operations in the Middle East.
• Coordinated analytics to measure processing of Army unit deployment requirements, improving processing time by 20%.
• Developed the DoD equipment redeployment plan for Iraq enabling return of over 20,000 pieces of equipment and 5,000 containers to Army units in the United States and Europe
Decorations, Service Medals and Badges:
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal (with Four Oak Leaf Clusters)
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal (with Three Oak Leaf Clusters)
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal (with Three Bronze Service Stars)
Armed Forces Reserve Medal
Army Service Ribbon
Army Overseas Service Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
Meritorious Unit Commendation
Ordnance Order of Samuel Sharpe Medal