I’m looking to start a Commercial photogrammetry drone business in Southern California and would like to connect with someone that has started a business like this.
Looking for mentorship and guidance on best way to run the business. Thank you for the help!
Angel - use LinkedIn to network with individuals that have that expertise - search companies in that industries and then the people send them a tailored connection request to set up an informational interview - networking is king - secondly connect with me to broaden your network - https://www.linkedin.com/in/garyrossibaldrigecoach/
Here is a colleague of mine who is a premier leader (J.D.) in the drone business. He was the first in the U.S.A. to start his own certified drone pilot apprenticeship school. He has branched off into into AI (artificial intelligence) and is an international speaker on this topic. Last, but not least, he is a young entrepreneur and is an opportunity to have diversity inclusion (black-owned business) on your radar. He is very professional, patient, and pleasant to work with!
Thank you for your service, and for utilizing our site! I was able to find the following resources.
- Features a list of the top Photogrammetry companies. Create a free account to view the complete list.
Basics of Starting a Drone Business, from SkyWatch.ai
The Nuts and Bolts of Starting a Commercial Drone Business, from Medium
Also, please find the top Photogrammetry groups on LinkedIn listed below.
- Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society (RSPSoc): https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3262301/
- 3D-Photogrammetry & Remote - Sensing:
- ISPRS - International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2809189/
- GeoSearch - GIS, GPS, Photogrammetry Careers:
I hope this helps!
Please log in to answer this question.