Please upgrade your web browser

These pages are built with modern web browsers in mind, and are not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or below. Please try using another web browser, such as Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

How can I do relocation services for the Military?


Gloria Johnson York, PA

I am a small business owner and wish to provide services to the military, however, I have no idea how to start the process. Any advice would help.


11 May 2022 4 replies Small Business



Daphne Boston Daphne, AL

Hi Gloria, thanks for your service. It'd be a good idea for you to join a business assocation or society for relocation professionals. That way you can attend their events, and network with people who are already doing what you want to do in this field. They can provide you with helpful advice on how to get started. Here's a list of relocation associations you can explore.

Also, if you haven't already, you should register with a local Small Business Administration office. They can also help you get started and point you in the right direction of how best to connect with potential clients.


June Webb Chevy Chase, MD


A good investment is to get your real estate license and build a relocation service from the state where you are currently residing. A real estate license will allow you to be part of the government verification for the housing law process which creates more creditability.

I am on Linkedin if you would like to connect with me.

June Webb


Gary Rossi Napa, CA

Gloria - one way is to use LinkedIn - use LinkedIn to network with individuals that have done the same thing - search relocation service companies and then the people send them a tailored connection request to set up an informational interview - secondly connect with me to broaden your network -


Your Answer

Please log in to answer this question.

Sign Up

You can join as either a Veteran or an Advisor.

An Advisor already has a career, with or without military experience, and is willing to engage with and help veterans.
Sign Up as an Advisor.

A Veteran has military experience and is seeking a new career, or assistance with life after service.
Sign Up as a Veteran.