I'm currently looking to make a career change and would like to network with folks in the IT field. I realize it's a broad field and hope my degree helps get a leg up.
Any leads would be much appreciated.
I did a job search at indeed.com using the keyword IT and your city and got many results:
I've added jobs links to one of my web pages:
Maybe you should add a profile to MSFT's https://LinkedIn.com for industry networking?
Lots to unpack here...feel free to reach out. What specific area of IT are you looking into? Would Cyber be of interest to you?
I’d suggest that you network at the target company or industry. Use LinkedIn to find people already working there and reach out to them. Ask them the process they used to get hired and ask them to help you navigate the hiring process and if they are willing, ask them to submit you as a referral. These activities require much more time on your part but in my opinion would greatly increase your chances for success. Good luck!
Jesus, you are right about the IT world being very wide. I would first need to know what part of the IT world you want to explore. If you are seeking out advice as to where to plant your IT knowledge here are a few tips to start with.
1. Join an IT group on LinkedIn.
2. Check out your local Chamber of Commerce in your area and see who is a member. The business owners are wonderful to reach out to and give you their insights on how they use their IT people.
3. I do a lot of work with the ESGR program. Employer Support of the National Guard and Reserves. There is a branch in every state in the U.S. We have strong connections with 1,000's of employers that are looking for soldiers to work for them. Go to www.ESGR.mil and seek out who is working in your area.
4. If you are not on LinkedIn, please set up a profile and start writing tips on how to solve IT problems or share your expertise, so people notice you.
5. I belong to the Happy Network group for the military. In that group many Veterans and Active Duty people share ideas and network. It is nationwide. I can send you one of their links to join. It is free.
6. Start to narrow down your transferrable skills to apply to the IT world. This will help you in your interview
7. Any other questions, please reach out to me. I am here to help.
Petty Officer 3rd Class Gonzales -
I found the following website on Google. I have no personal knowledge about this company. Best of luck to you.
“ANAX conveniently provides IT support in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas. We’re the experts in managed IT services, support, and security and offer managed cloud and onsite VoIP services to businesses in Las Vegas.”
Hello, Saul. Yes, Cybersecurity is what I'm trying to get into.
Thank you, Richard and everyone else that has replied. I appreciate it.
Thank you, Mr. Watters. I appreciate you.
Please log in to answer this question.