1. Have the commercial and GPS arms of Deloitte been affected equally in the current recession?
2. If so, will I be more competitive as a GPS hire than a commercial one as a veteran?
3. Are there specific Deloitte locations around the world that need to fill larger shortages than others?
4. As someone that will be in London during my applications, can I still apply to positions in the U.S., or is it location specific? (as well as the internship)
5. I would love to have someone give me an honest assessment of how competitive I would be for various positions if possible.
Thank you so much for that Rick, I know that was a lot but that helped tremendously! I appreciate the honesty feedback on the current situation, and I think that is going to drive my decision to go GPS. If you have time I would love for you to take a look at it.
Hi Ronald and thank you for your service!
Here are my responses in line with your questions:
1. No, Commercial has been affected much more so than GPS, including looking forward into 2021.
2. There may be a "depends" there, but I believe you would be much more competitive as a GPS hire, mainly as you likely possess a security clearance (or could obtain one), you have been a part of a major client base (DoD), and there are likely current or near-term engagements for which you could likely be staffed on.
3. I believe one area you should definitely target is the Washington, DC metro area.
4. I don't believe this will matter at all. You should be able to apply for U.S.-based positions if you are currently located overseas. (However, I don't think you could support most of them remotely from overseas.)
5. I would need to see your resume, but I believe you would be very competitive in GPS and particularly in the DC metro area based on the above thoughts and information.
Hopefully you find this helpful!
Please log in to answer this question.