Please upgrade your web browser

These pages are built with modern web browsers in mind, and are not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or below. Please try using another web browser, such as Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

How has transitioning from a PLLC to a SCorps work for you?


Griselda Hall Olympia, WA

In an S-Corps, there can be no more than 100 shares. The business started off as a PLLC with the owner being a licensed provider. Now that it is an SCorps, can non-licensed individuals have shares to the business.

15 November 2019 1 reply Small Business



Chet Frame El Paso, TX

Good morning, Ms. Hall. In the State of Texas, the answer is yes, but the State of Washington may be different. There is a SCORE office in Olympia and one in Tacoma. I suggest you check with a mentor in either. Or you can go to and click on "Find a Mentor," and enter your zip code. They are well versed in the laws in Washington State.

Your Answer

Please log in to answer this question.

Sign Up

You can join as either a Veteran or an Advisor.

An Advisor already has a career, with or without military experience, and is willing to engage with and help veterans.
Sign Up as an Advisor.

A Veteran has military experience and is seeking a new career, or assistance with life after service.
Sign Up as a Veteran.