I've been doing some research, and came across some interesting articles:
Has anyone actually done this? Doing a combination of seller financing and asset lending to do a leveraged buyout of a business, or multiple businesses?
Thank you for your service and for posting a question to the Community! As I am not an expert of starting a small business myself, I cannot speak directly to the development. However, I have a few suggestions I hope will be helpful.
1. SCORE provides a large network, tools, mentorship and guidance to individuals looking to start their own businesses, all completely free of charge. While not veteran specific, I recommend browsing their site and looking into some of what they have to offer here: https://www.score.org/
2. There are a lot of questions on AdvisorNet regarding small businesses that have received a number of helpful responses. You can search through those questions and answers for additional insight here: https://acp-advisornet.org/search?q=small+business
3. Use the "Community" page on here where you can filter for Advisors with expertise in small business and send direct messages to individuals who have that direct experience to offer.
4. You may be interested in exploring Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans (EBV), which is a free program that helps veterans with exploring the small business world. You can explore that option here: http://ebv.vets.syr.edu
5. Lastly, you can search for your local veteran's business outreach center through the SBA website here and get in touch with a representative for some information on additional resources that are available: https://www.sba.gov/tools/local-assistance/vboc
I hope the above information is helpful and wish you the best of luck!
Please log in to answer this question.