Please upgrade your web browser

These pages are built with modern web browsers in mind, and are not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or below. Please try using another web browser, such as Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.


I have a small but growing tool design company and desire to gain U.S. government contracts. I need to register as a "veteran-owned" business. How is this best done?


walter nagel Honolulu, HI

Please feel free to see our 3-minute "SHUR-A-TAK" video on YouTube.

6 July 2015 3 replies General



walter nagel Honolulu, HI


Very much appreciate your insight. You will hear from me. In the meantime, if interested, you can view our 3-minute "SHUR-A-TAK" video on YouTube. Note: since this was filmed over a year ago, we have indeed been issued our two U.S. patents covering our products.
Will advise, and, thanks again for your input.

Walt Nagel
LTC (ret)


Cedric Cook Richmond, TX

Hello Walter - I'd also suggest contacting your Secretary of State office (where you reside) to see what programs they have to support Veteran owned businesses. I've found that in addition to just providing leads to government based bids, they may also provide access to training and other resources.

Please write back and let us know what you find out.




Justin Moodley Columbus, OH

Here's the government's official link with info on how to register:

Your Answer

Please log in to answer this question.

Sign Up

You can join as either a Veteran or an Advisor.

An Advisor already has a career, with or without military experience, and is willing to engage with and help veterans.
Sign Up as an Advisor.

A Veteran has military experience and is seeking a new career, or assistance with life after service.
Sign Up as a Veteran.