- Phoenix, AZ
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Driving the future of transportation with a diverse and innovative team!
ASSISTANT STATE ENGINEER
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
The Arizona Department of Transportation is transforming how government works for the people of Arizona. Can you operate with a commitment to meeting the needs of customers? If so, ADOT may be the place for you. The Arizona Management System utilizes Continuous Improvement strategies, putting the customer first and eliminating waste through teamwork, communication, and mutual trust and respect. ADOT is driving this cultural change and building an agency of engaged, problem-solving team members. If you can meet this challenge, consider joining the ADOT team.
This position will manage the Systems Technology group. The Systems Technology group is responsible for research and support of innovative transportation technologies and inclusion of these in the Statewide ITS Architecture Plan that is currently being updated. Supervise and guide the section manager, ensuring completion of the group’s assignments. This position provides strategic vision and guidance for implementation of the Arizona Statewide ITS Architecture plan by planning the efficient use of resources to effectively execute this vision.
Please submit your resume to Rob Briggs for immediate consideration: RBriggs@azdot.gov
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Civil engineering principles related to plans, specifications and estimates
· ITS principles and systems integration principles, and systems engineering methodology
· Budget and program administration
· Project management methodologies and techniques
· Federal and State Highway programs and associated processes, applicable laws, regulations, standards, and specifications related to Intelligent Transportation Systems
· Problem solving, creating innovative methods to reduce costs and improve processes
· Manage multiple projects and coordinate staff activities to achieve completion of assignments
· Program, schedule and prioritize development and implementation of Statewide ITS Architecture
· Lead subordinate staff and keep employees engaged
· Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans and wellness plans
· Deferred compensation plan, top-ranked retirement, and long-term disability plans
· Accrued vacation pay and sick days and 10 paid holidays per year