- Operations & Logistics
- Orlando, FL
At Essendant Inc., it is our intention to be the fastest and most convenient solution for workplace essentials. To do this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven employees. If you would like to be part of the team that helps unlock the potential of our customer-partners and those they serve, this is your chance to be involved. Essendant Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of workplace essentials, with consolidated net sales of $5.3 billion. Essendant stocks a broad assortment of over 160,000 products, including technology products, traditional office products, office furniture, janitorial and breakroom supplies, industrial supplies, and automotive aftermarket tools and equipment.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
At Essendant, we offer our employees a wide-range of Medical and Dental options, as well as Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts. Work/life balance is encouraged and we support that with Paid Vacations/PTO and Paid Holidays. We promote growth by assisting with Tuition Reimbursement. Our employees’ futures are important to us; therefore, we offer a 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, AD&D and more.
This position is responsible for a performing a variety of tasks related to the repair, preventative maintenance, and improved performance of Distribution Center equipment and hardware, which may include conveyor systems, power equipment such as forklifts and pickers, rack installations and dock doors.
- Communicates with Managers/Supervisors and associates concerning work to be performed and/or status of equipment.
- Performs necessary equipment adjustments, repairs, modifications, or preventative maintenance as appropriate.
- Observes and/or tests adjustments, repairs or modifications to ensure safe operation of equipment.
- Notifies Managers/Supervisors when repairs or maintenance is completed.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all required tasks within the scope of Maintenance 1 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, material handling equipment etc.
- Ability to appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, etc.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a clean, organized work area and assist with housekeeping of the facility/work area.
- Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Center functions as required.
- Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Must work well independently.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Certifications: As specified.
- Five (5) year's general maintenance experience required.
- Warehouse/Distribution-related experience preferred.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.