- AETEA Information Technology
- Sterling, VA
Data Center Engineering Operations Technician
Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) – Mechanical/Electrical
Location: Sterling/Manassas, VA
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) Mechanical/Electrical is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT’s are the front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems.
Responsibilities for Data Center Engineering Operations Technician:
• Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
• Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA.
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
• Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows.
Basic Qualifications for Data Center Engineering Operations Technician:
• Technical (Military/ Trade School) training and/or relevant experience.
• 2+ years of relevant work experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid leadership and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail
Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications for Data Center Engineering Operations Technician
Education and Experience
• 4+ years of data center operations/facilities experience
• Associates or Bachelors in applicable engineering field or mechanical or electrical trades
Preferred Licensing for Data Center Engineering Operations Technician
• Operating engineering licenses such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent
• Stationary Engineering or Building Engineering License
• Electrical or mechanical Journeyman License
• CFC license
• NFPA 70E
Our Client is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure of all of our client’s datacenters. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center’s MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (architectural)), operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.