- The Healthcare Association of New York State
- Hauppauge, NY
The Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council based in Hauppauge, NY, is seeking a Program Director for Health Insurance Programs. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Program Director will be responsible for the operations of the Consumer Assistance Program for Aged, Blind and Disabled and the Community Health Advocates Program (CSSNY).
This is a grant-funded position, with the possibility of renewal yearly. The salary range is between $80,000 and $95,000 annually.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the operational activities of insurance enrollment and assistance programs. Supervise grant employees, including hiring, training, developing and conducting performance reviews. Direct supervisory responsibility for Quality Coordinator, Facilitated Enrollers, Medicare Telephone Assistors, and administrative staff.
• Attend all DOH trainings and be familiar with the Access NY Medicaid Application and NY State of Health (NYSOH) online applications; become a certified application counselor (CAC) through NYSOH and provide application assistance as appropriate.
• Participate in meetings with NYS Department of Health, local DSS offices, and CSSNY regularly.
• Build relationships with community-based organizations; develop presentations that will promote and educate grant programs and services; participate in community health fairs that will promote programs; identify site locations within the community to conduct in-person Medicaid enrollment sessions on a regular basis.
• Develop and execute an enrollment schedule that is posted on our agency website and submitted to NYS monthly; monitor site effectiveness and staff productivity through data collection; maintain staff coverage for office Monday through Friday.
• Develop and enforce internal operating procedures for all program processes, a quality assurance program, and external protocols.
• Educate program management staff on procedures, monitor effectiveness, and develop corrective action plans when needed to improve performance; provide technical assistance to staff.
• Maintain expertise on policies and regulations relating to all public health insurance programs. Remains current on federal or state changes in insurance laws and regulation.
• Complete all required monthly reporting of programs to the NYS Department of Health, Suffolk County Department of Social Services, and Community Service Society of NY.
• Ensure that staff have the tools and training needed to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Business Associate Agreements.
• Advocate on behalf of grant programs and consumers with legislators or in community forums.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with at least one year of experience working in the human services field required, Master’s degree with experience in public health insurance programs preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Certified Application Counselor (CAC) or Navigator with NY State of Health (NYSOH) preferred.
• Must possess working knowledge of public health insurance programs and regulations.
• Ability to manage, motivate and ensure accountability from a diverse group of staff that works primarily in the field.
• Demonstrated proficiency in establishing and maintaining key relationships.
• Effectively communicate to diverse audiences.
• Local/regional travel routinely required (15% of work time is spent out of office).
• Ability to handle adversity productively and be able to tolerate stressful situations.
• Strong project management and organizational skills; to be able to meet all deadline requirements.
• Ability to problem-solve and mentor to provide effective problem resolution solutions.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office, Excel and Zoom for data and web conferencing.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at: https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/