- General Infomatics, Inc. (GI)
- Albuquerque, NM
At General Infomatics, Inc we pride ourselves on providing program support, healthcare services, strategic technology solutions, and knowledge management to US government agencies worldwide, under standards of integrity, trust, and a commitment to excellence.
We are looking for an INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST/OHS TECHNICIAN for a full-time, civil contract at Kirtland AFB, NM.
SUMMARY. Performs Bioenvironmental Engineering activities in the fields of Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Radiological Health, and Environmental Health to ensure healthy working conditions are maintained and that the environment is not adversely affected by operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs workplace industrial hygiene surveys assessing all occupational, environmental, and radiological health hazards.
- Provide technical data and completed forms/documentation to staff for inclusion into occupational/environmental/radiological health program files.
- Inspects, tests, and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure they follow all applicable standards and government regulations in accordance with AF requirements. Includes sample collection and survey measurements of potential hazards and engineering controls.
- Recommends controls to mitigate hazardous conditions or equipment (actual or potential).
- Assists staff in monitoring environmental conditions on the installation to include the collection of water samples for compliance with the Safe Drinking Water Act, swimming pool and bathing area water quality evaluations and program compliance, and occupational and environmental health site assessment sampling.
- Demonstrates to workplaces the correct use of personal protective equipment and other health hazard controls. Provides training and perform fit-testing on respiratory protection devices to include gasmask fit-testing.
- Investigates occupational illnesses and injuries to identify why they happened and how they might be prevented in the future.
- Performs evaluations for compliance with fetal protection requirements.
- Reviews hazardous materials requests, plans, work orders, contracts and specifications for compliance with environmental and occupational health directives.
- Serves as a member on committees for occupational health, and environmental protection matters.
- Minimum of an associate degree in one of the following disciplines: Occupational Health/Safety, Core Science or Engineering Technology.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in an Occupational Health or Industrial Hygiene related medical field or must have formal college/vocational school education and hold a certification issued by Occupational Health and Safety Technologist Certification (OHST) or the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP). One (1) year experience using basic sampling equipment to include detection tubes/chips, personal air samplers and calibrators, sound level meters, noise dosimeters, and environmental sampling equipment is required.
- Proficient in the use of standard use of office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, scanners, telephone and office automation systems.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel at a minimum) to prepare reports and other documents.
- Knowledge of general medical ethics, telephone etiquette and excellent communication and customer services skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and coordinate activities such as appointments, meetings, and suspense timelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and speak the English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare and edit written and electronic correspondence and reports.
- Knowledge in and understanding of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), National Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Analytical Methods sampling guides, NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards, American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygiene (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Values (TLV) and Biological Exposure Indices (BEI) Booklet, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards, and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards.
- Knowledgeable in proper selection of personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements. The work may be sedentary at times; however Occupational Health and Safety Technicians must be able to stand on their feet for long periods of time and to walk on a regular basis. Physical demands include walking, standing, sitting, bending, and carrying of light items up to 35 pounds. Travel to other sections of the MTF or military base may be required. This includes areas near the base that may be the responsibility of the medical group.
- Desired knowledge Defense Occupational Environmental and Health Readiness System-Industrial Hygiene (DOEHRS-IH).
- On-the-job training will be provided to cover the protocols and policies within the first two months of the start date. After completion of the training, the individual will be required to independently function in this position and meet all performance expectations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $30.65 an hour
- Comprehensive benefits package, including Health & Welfare Benefits, Vacation, federal holidays.
Come join our team!
A minority owned, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) - ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20000-1:2011 Certified
Member of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership - Department of Defense
Recipient of the HireVets Gold Medallion - Department of Labor
Certified Employer - Virginia Values Veterans Program - Commonwealth of Virginia
- Discover the Talent Program - Hire our Heroes - US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Please contact me directly, or use the following link to apply: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/gisdvob/jobs/3101841-809269