- Safran Cabin
- Financial Services
- Santa Maria, CA
Job field: Finance and Management
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Permanent Contract duration: Full-time
Required degree: Bachelor's Degree
Required experience: More than 3 years
Spoken language(s):English Fluent
Salary range: USD $64,500 - $85,360 USD
Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
Summary of Duties:
• Collect and analyze data to determine production costs by performing the following:
o Variance Analysis
o Cost of Goods Sold Analysis
o Standard Costing
o Overhead & Labor Rate Calculation
o Inventory Valuation Analysis
o Ad-hoc financial analysis
• Prepare financial reports and give recommendations based on available data.
• Assist with activities related BOM & Routings for cost validation.
• Provide reports and back up to internal and external auditors as requested.
• Perform period end closing activities and prepare journal entries and GL account analysis.
• Perform account reconciliations to drive accuracy and transparency.
• Work with appropriate departments to identify and resolve recurring accounting issues.
• Assist with cost roll process, analyze variances and initiate changes as needed.
• Prepare various reports, KPIs, PPT slides and present findings to management to improve performance and transparency.
• Assist as required with special projects and perform all other duties as assigned.
The Cost Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports on material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, or other cost-related performance measures. Also participates in the month-end closing and prepares other ad-hoc reporting as assigned. This position reports to the Controller and requires to work on site.
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: 3+ years' experience in an accounting department for a large manufacturer. Aerospace industry knowledge is a plus.
• Demonstrated solid understanding of Microsoft Office products including: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Advanced knowledge/use of Microsoft Excel.
• M3, Power Pivot, Bower BI, BPC & LeanDNA knowledge is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
• In-depth knowledge of general accounting concepts in manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of BOM & Routings for cost validation
• In-depth knowledge of financial guidelines and regulations
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Ability to perform risk, security and other assessments
• Ability to present data in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent attention to detail, self-starter with strong work ethic
• Effective verbal and written communication skills combined problem solving ability
• Ability to collaborate with different functions and foster teamwork
The expected salary range for this positions is between $64,500 - $85,360 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.
Traveling may be required.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.