- The Healthcare Association of New York State
- Financial Services
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Senior Relationship Manager within HANYS Benefit Services (HBS). HBS is an industry leader in employee benefits and retirement plan consulting. HBS delivers tangible business results to finance and human resource leaders, enabling them to enhance plan offerings while remaining competitive and reducing overall plan costs. Reporting to the President, HBS this position will be responsible for consulting clients and managing all aspects of the client relationship for assigned retirement plan clients
This position will be based in our office in Rensselaer, NY with a hybrid work environment within Upstate NY considered.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Build and maintain relationships with C-Suite, retirement plan committee and board members, and engage them in discussion on their business needs and related activity.
• Lead consulting projects as appropriate for clients, including those on fiduciary practices, compliance analysis, benchmarking, plan design modeling, and vendor RFPs and RFIs.
• Research and evaluate newly passed legislation and regulations to determine the impact on clients’ retirement plans.
• Partners with client’s attorney as necessary to help review and resolve compliance issues.
• Maintain a strong and trusting relationship with clients to ensure we are providing superior customer service.
• Ensure client satisfaction through periodic client meetings as well as discussions on service levels, investments, plan utilization, product offerings and plan design.
• Deliver fiduciary education to assigned clients as warranted.
• Responsible for client retention.
• Resolve administrative problems arising between and among participants and/or vendor.
• Coordinate all transition activities with client, selected vendor, and other staff to assure a smooth and efficient transition for newly acquired clients.
• In coordination with client, develops annual communication and education plan to achieve overall retirement plan goals of participation and retirement readiness.
• Assist in sales presentations with Sales & Marketing team, as necessary.
• Maintain licenses in a current and proper status through Continuing Education training courses, seminars, and conferences, as scheduled, to meet FINRA and NYS Insurance Department requirements.
• Engage client in discussions on their business needs and related activity in order to determine if other HANYS Benefit Services products and services may be appropriate and then makes proper referrals to HBS Sales staff.
• Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of retirement plan advisory experience (particularly with C-Suite level) required. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• New York State Life and Health license and FINRA 6 & 63, 65 required or obtained within three months post hire
• Maintain cutting edge body of knowledge in the areas of plan design, regulatory, industry trends and investments.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Must be detail-oriented and possess superior analytical, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to present complex topics in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
• Travel as required (at least 25%)
• Working from the HBS office located at Rensselaer, NY is preferred however remote work may be considered.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at: https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/