- The Healthcare Association of New York State
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a part time Executive Assistant to support its Managed Health Care and Behavioral Health division. Reporting into the Vice President, Insurance, Managed Care and Behavioral Health; this position will be responsible for providing administrative and office support activities to the Managed Care and Behavioral Health division.
A remote working environment maybe considered within upstate New York.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provides executive level assistance to the Managed Care and Behavioral Health division and works with other divisions, as necessary.
• Uses technological resources to maximize productivity. Develops and maintains divisions’ computer files and subdirectories.
• Arranges and coordinates all meetings and educational programs including reserving location, catering arrangements, preparing notices, agenda, and other materials. Ensures timeliness and accuracy of speaker presentations and handout materials. Monitors and processes related expense statements. Handles any necessary post-meeting details.
• Organizes and provides materials for inclusion in HANYS’ Board Book for Managed Care and Behavioral Health Division.
• Administers Managed Care and Behavioral Health listservs and mailing lists.
• Assists in maintaining current content on Managed Care and Behavioral Health division website.
• Generates or works from draft and prepares all general correspondence, membership letters, reports, minutes, testimonies, etc. Coordinates and tracks the processing of all correspondence through the edit and approval process. Monitors events in the absence of division staff to ensure that deadlines are met and that all inquiries are properly handled.
• Ensures proof reading and quality presentation of all Managed Care and Behavioral Health materials. Maintains division master file of correspondence.
• Maintains Managed Care and Behavioral Health staff calendars. Coordinates travel arrangements as needed. Processes staff expense statements.
• Researches member and staff inquiries.
• Answers incoming calls to the divisions, takes initiative to respond to calls independently, triages calls to staff; utilizes voice mail as a member option.
• Orders publications and division supplies for staff as requested.
• Opens and directs incoming mail and other communications. Acts on routine matters. Directs other matters to the proper individual for action or information as appropriate.
• A high school diploma with at least five years of administrative experience required. Associate’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, with attention to detail, are required.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Zoom for data and web conferencing are required.
• Must maintain confidentiality and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
• High degree of professionalism, poise and tact to facilitate and foster relationships with HANYS staff and its members.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at: https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/