- Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC)
- Manufacturing & Construction
- South Gate, CA
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation of the overall manufacturing and laboratory strategy in the plant, including plant metrics, resource allocation, maintenance programs, budget development, and capital and process improvement projects. The Operations Manager is tasked with driving profitable growth. Directly manages all direct labor, process engineering and maintenance activities. Ensures production variable costs and productivity goals are met. Improves on-time delivery to customers to targeted level. Adheres to process control/quality criteria to reduce rework. Manages fixed and variable budgets for direct production departments.
Key performance indicators include Safety Performance, Cost of Poor Quality, Productivity, on-time delivery, Revenue and EBIT.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply with PCC Code of Conduct requirements.
• Ensures that employees work in a safe manner and that each employee is properly trained for their role.
• Manage the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
• Review variable costs, productivity and throughput daily and implements effective corrective actions when targets are not achieved.
• Administer and monitor the plant variable cost budget including allocating resources and approving expenditures.
• Manage, develop and implement plant goals and objectives, adjust and modify operations as appropriate to achieve business objectives, and ensure measurements are met for the site consisting of heat treat, cutting, machine shop, laboratories, maintenance and process engineering.
• Manage the development, analysis, and review of a variety of production reports to improve costs, employee commitment, safety, production lines, quality, efficiency, cycle times, volumes, and implements management changes as required.
• Ensure effective recruitment, selection, training, management and coaching of the team, which includes area managers, supervisors, leads, operators, maintenance techs and process engineers.
• Foster a culture of change and customer centricity through dedicated lean process improvements and leveraged communications of performance.
• Implement and drive the business’s Sales and Operating Planning with backlog, inventory and expected capacity.
• Interface with other key functions within the site, e.g., Human Resources, Finance, Customer Service, Sales, Quality and Engineering to meet expected outcomes.
• Reviews and approves all staffing change requests.
• Active participant in cost-savings, pipeline activities.
• Active participant in Operating Review meetings.
• Support and improve upon quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
• Establishes and executes capital planning efforts supporting manufacturing goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Engineering degree is preferred but not required.
• Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
• Six Sigma/Lean certification preferred but not required.
• 7+ years’ experience in Operations with direct management responsibility. Also directing/supervising exempt team members to achieve the goals of safety, quality, delivery and profit.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Strong data driven decision making.
• Solid overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
• Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company, including vendors and customers.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Ability to create a motivating environment and influence others to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Change Agent with the ability to lead through vision & implementation; develops solutions thorough understanding of business processes, issues and concerns.
• Candidate should have a good track record in delivering new ideas, managing projects with financial responsibility and provide leadership in directing engineers and others in finishing.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manufacturing and laboratory environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
The job may require additional hours beyond a 40-hour workweek.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer commit ted to recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Note: This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is $112000 to $1681000 US Dollar (USD) Salaried based on a variety of factors. For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to participate in the Company’s Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at the quarterly bonus factor of 3X the Company’s bonus multiple, based on the Company’s performance in the applicable quarter. Employees will receive 120 hours paid time off every year. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families) are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan
Apply Online: https://pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-7/xf-4529f9c669c1/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/3/opp/7175-Operations-Manager/en-GB
Please forward your RESUME, POSITION TITLE, and NUMBER for immediate consideration.
ATTN: Ray A. Cuttino
Military Recruitment Program Manager