- General Business
- Tallahassee, FL
The Food Service Director is a management position responsible for developing and executing dining solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Oversees and manages dining operations where customers order prepared foods from a menu.
• Lead, mentor, engage and develop teams to maximize their contributions, including recruiting, assessing, training, coaching and managing performance
• Ensure food services appropriately connects to the Executional Framework
• Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute
• Reward and recognize employees
• Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations
• Identify client needs and effectively communicate operational progress
• Adopt Aramark process and systems
• Build revenue and manage budget, including cost controls regarding food, beverage and labor
• Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements
• Achieve food and labor targets
• Manage resources to ensure quality and cost control within budgetary guidelines
• Implement and maintain Aramark agenda for both labor and food initiatives
• Create value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls and profit management
• Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals, including food and labor
• Direct and oversee operations related to production, distribution and food service
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees
• Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour
• Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food related products, as well as menu planning and development
• Develops operational component forecasts and can explain variances. Responsible for components accounting functions.
• Ensures that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met
• Coordinates and supervises unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor management and employee training
• Recruits, hires, develops and retains front line team.
• Conducts period inventory
• Maintains records to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards
• Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization
• May participate in sales process and negotiation of contracts
• Looks for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention
• Manage the front of the house of the dining operation (Cafeteria/ Residential Dining Facility)
• Develop and implement food service plans aligned with the client's mission and vision, to include sustainable practices
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Requires at least 4 years of experience
• Requires at least 1-3 years of experience in a management role
• Requires previous experience in food service
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard model
• Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with other departments to a unified food service experience for all customers
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lb.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.