- Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS)
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a President within HANYS Benefit Services (HBS). HBS is an industry leader in employee benefits and retirement plan consulting. HBS delivers tangible business results to finance and human resource leaders, enabling them to enhance plan offerings while remaining competitive and reducing overall plan costs. Reporting to HANYS President and CEO, this position will direct and be responsible for all HANYS Benefit Services (HBS), Strategic Benefit Services (SBS), and Healthcare Community Securities Corporation’s (HCSC) activities and services. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the department’s activities with other HANYS programs and departments
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serves on the HANYS Solutions leadership team and participates in shaping overall business strategy and implements administrative responsibilities.
• Prepares HANYS Solutions, HBS, HCSC Board materials; presents at Board meetings; and writes meeting minutes.
• Develops long-term strategic plans and one year operating plans and budgets for HBS, HCSC, SBS, and other services as appropriate. Lead the development of the organization’s short and long-term policies, vision and goals.
• Directs, markets, and manages the activities of business products and services.
• Responsible for meeting compliance requirements and ensuring quality control of all business lines and products.
• Responsible for developing and meeting sound budget expectations that ensure growth and sustainability of the fiscal viability of business lines.
• Represents HBS in dealing with the New York State Department of Insurance, and other state and national organizations.
• Promotes all HANYS and HANYS Solutions programs and services; fosters collaboration among organizational departments.
• Serves on the HANYS Solutions Compensation Committee creating business incentive programs; supervises and evaluates performance of business staff and oversees implementation of agreed-upon incentive programs.
• Builds and maintains critical liaison with health care executives, board members and vendor/insurer representatives.
• Manages and motivates staff while operating within the company culture and applying its principles.
• Oversees the development of mission-critical products and programs to support the company’s success.
• Generates new and renewal business while maintaining an awareness of the competitive market, recognizing expansion opportunities and industry evolution.
• Represents the organization professionally at functions, public meetings, and industry events.
• Maintains a high level of expertise in designated programs and functional areas.
• Assists HANYS’ staff in policy and legislative development in areas of expertise.
• Bachelor's degree with at least 10-12 years combined leadership experience in the delivery of retirement and financial services and/or group employee benefits for institutional (corporate) buyers. A proven successful sales record is expected. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Strong leadership ability to drive and deliver outcomes.
• Strategic planning and forecasting experience is required.
• Budgeting and/or financial focused mindset is critical.
• 5 years of executive-level financial and operational experience is a plus.
• Must hold a current New York State Life and Health license and a minimum of FINRA 6 & 63 license.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain cutting edge body of knowledge in the areas of benefit and retirement plan design, regulatory requirements, industry trends and investments.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a working knowledge of the major ERISA principles, as well as Federal and State regulations and how they relate to group employee benefit plans.
• Must be detailed oriented, and possess analytical, oral & written communication skills. Must be able to present complex topics in a clear and concise manner. Executive-level critical thinking skills are expected. Growth mindset and focus on continuous improvement is essential.
• Travel is expected 10-25% of time.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/