- Harvard University
- Cambridge, MA
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to delivering service and technological solutions in support of teaching, learning, research and administration. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines - and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused, and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment, we are looking for you!
Technology Partner Services (TPS) delivers critical cloud, infrastructure, and network services to Harvard University. The DevOps engineer will work as part of a team to design and implement complex infrastructure solutions in a sustainable, supported, cost effective and reliable approach across different technologies per DevOps standards. They will have a strong focus on setting the infrastructure automation strategy for the team, ensuring that the DevOps organization is operating as efficiently as possible. May manage multiple projects simultaneously. Works independently and proactively.
• Implements infrastructure and automation strategies for DevOps in partnership with HUIT teams
• Supports applications and systems portfolio for various HUIT customers deployed across multiple platforms, both on premise and in the Cloud
• Proactively identifies opportunities to better leverage tools, improve process, or enhance services to be more efficient and effective
• Enables good technical decisions by understanding the purpose of the system, customer interaction, system goals, and providing key data points
• Draws on relationship and technical skills to support application portfolios
• Performs troubleshooting, administration and automation for infrastructure, applications, and database components
• Creates infrastructure code and automation using SDLC best practices and DevOps standards
• Works effectively within the team(s), demonstrating a willingness to help others, the HUIT values of User-Focused, Collaborative, Innovative, and Open, and embracing change
• Provides mentorship and guidance to System Admins and to HUIT technical teams, building awareness of best practices and operational procedures
• Stays current with emerging technology and trends with respect to DevOps, Cloud, and specific technologies
Typical Core Duties
• Participate fully in the build, configuration and documentation of IT infrastructure
• Ensure adherence to IT standards and service level objectives.
• Monitor and optimize IT infrastructure.
• Define and track performance metrics to ensure efficient use of IT resources
• Design and implement robust and secure IT solutions
• Identify opportunities to leverage technologies and improve processes/services and implement related enhancements
• Support and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison and mentor junior staff
• Contribute to establishment of best practices
• Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
Please provide a cover letter with your application and upload as one document.
• Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• We are unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University. Our mission is to assure Harvard's leadership in IT. We strive to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn and work through the effective use of information technology. HUIT's core values are User Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Open.
IT Academy (designed for IT Staff):
HUIT's IT Academy aims to enable each IT staff person to grow professionally and become a trusted partner to her or his team. The IT Academy is built on the belief that every IT staff member across the University (including technology employees at each school and campus) can grow in her or his area of expertise as well as building strong people and project management skills. Learn more here: https://itacademy.harvard.edu/
Harvard's Total Rewards Program is designed to attract, retain, and reward the performance of talented employees. As a Harvard staff member, you enjoy many perks that come with working for one of the top employers in Massachusetts, including:
Flexible work environment: HUIT supports flexible work arrangements where business needs allow.
Time off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Harvard University Employees Credit Union: Our employees credit union provides a complete line of services for all your financial needs. https://huecu.org
Transportation: 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: A variety of programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Learn more: https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards
Harvard University IT plays an important role in supporting Harvard's commitment by seeking to create, procure and deploy technologies that are accessible to all, including and especially those who live with disability. Harvard welcomes individuals with disabilities to apply for positions and participate in its programs and activities. If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact our University Disability Resources Department.
Certificates and Licenses
• Completion of Harvard IT Academy specified foundational courses (or external equivalent) preferred
Interview and onboarding activity for this position may be conducted via telephone & Zoom video conferencing, based on the department's current presence on campus.
This position will be based in Cambridge, MA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will begin your work remotely. All remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NY, RI, and VT). The fully remote nature of this job is only temporary. Once the University and your supervisor determine that it is appropriate, in-person on-campus work will be required as a condition of continued employment. HUIT is currently developing hybrid workplace models which will actively support some remote work (within a state in which Harvard is registered to do business) where business and team needs allow. Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard's Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Harvard continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff and students, as well as the wider community. Information and details can be found via Harvard's Coronavirus Workplace Policies website: https://hr.harvard.edu/corona-virus-workplace-policies
USA - MA - Cambridge
Technology Partner Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values. Basic Qualifications
• Minimum of five years' post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
The following Additional Qualifications are strongly preferred. If you meet some, but not all, you are still encouraged to apply; we value employees with a willingness to learn.
• Five to seven years' experience working as a DBA, System Administrator, Automation Engineer or DevOps Engineer in supporting enterprise systems in a complex computing environment
• A strong understanding and history of operation (installation, configuration) and maintenance (orchestration, patch management, upgrades) of full application stacks
• Certification of and/or experience in an Agile discipline (product owner, scrum master)
• Working knowledge of key cloud services, such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP services.
• Experience with coding in general and infrastructure as code (e.g., CloudFormation, Ansible, Shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
• Experience working in Windows and Linux environments
• Strong grasp of networking, security, and system administration concepts
• Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor