- Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS)
- Marketing, Advertising, & Communications
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State is seeking a Communications Specialist for its Advancing Healthcare Excellence and Inclusion program within its Communications and Marketing team. This position reports to the Senior Director, Communications and Project Management and will be responsible for ensuring all communications activities associated with the AHEI program are properly planned, synchronized and executed.
This position is grant funded until December 2022 with possibility of a yearly renewal until 2024. A fully remote work environment would be considered.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Acts as primary liaison among Communications and Marketing, Quality Advocacy, Research and Innovation; and Healthcare Educational and Research Fund teams to ensure successful implementation of AHEI program-related communications and marketing initiatives.
• Develops, executes and maintains content including design related to the AHEI program across various platforms such as print, online and social media with regards to recruitment and participant communications, event marketing materials and education information.
• Designs and prepares layouts for print and digital materials for AHEI recruitment and events, We Ask Because We Care patient education and community events. These materials include brochures, flyers, posters, slide decks, digital event announcements, event pages and other associated needs.
• Ensures program messaging consistency across all print and digital materials.
• Develops and designs AHEI specific showcase website, and maintains site content and functionality.
• Takes ownership of all phases of the communications process related to the program, including but not limited to assuring:
- successful completion of all deliverables on deadline,
- timely promotion of webinars and educational initiatives, and
- timely creation and completion of digital and print communications collateral for the program.
• Assists Communications staff with proofreading, editing and writing responsibilities, as well as research or any other activities deemed necessary and appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Web Design and Development, Journalism or a similar field, with at least three years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Experience in developing content and messaging for social media platforms.
• Experience in web content development and design.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), HTML, web front-end development.
• Strong copywriting, message generation and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects while handling multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a high-performing team, across multiple departments and organizations.
• Able to interact diplomatically within a group and build consensus to achieve shared goals.
• Knowledge of healthcare clinical and policy terminology preferred.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the healthcare industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/