- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Government, Policy, & International Affairs
- Harrisburg, PA
Are you passionate about study the effects of chemicals on human tissue? The Pennsylvania Department of Health has a new opportunity for you on its environmental toxicology team!
Public Health Toxicologist: $102,436.00 - $155,658.00 Annually
This is position will provide guidance and support to the division staff in the collection and analysis of data on environmental exposure and health outcome and dissemination of information pertaining to the health effects of toxicological and environmental hazards to protect public health.
Evaluates toxicological information related to environmental chemical exposures using advanced scientific knowledge in environmental toxicology to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information to the public and other stakeholders to prevent/ minimize adverse health effects.
Develops policies and procedures for coordinating resources during toxic environmental emergencies and assists with the conduct of follow-up epidemiological studies/ investigations to prevent/mitigate adverse health effects to the public.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
• Three years of post-doctoral experience in the field of toxicology or pharmacology, which includes two years of consultative experience in toxicology; and a doctoral degree in toxicology or a closely related field.
• Special Requirement - This position requires board certification in general toxicology by the American Board of Toxicology or an equivalent international certifying body within six months of hire.
• This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
• Must be able to perform essential job functions.
We offer an excellent salary and competitive state benefits package including comprehensive family health insurance, dental, vision, hearing aid benefits, life insurance coverage, an excellent vacation, sick, and holiday leave package, and generous retirement options.