- Hauppauge, NY
The Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council, based in Hauppauge, NY, seeks an individual who will be responsible for providing outreach to individuals who are currently enrolled in Medicaid and eligible for Medicare, but not yet enrolled, putting their Medicaid at risk for cancellation. Individuals would be responsible for providing education and enrollment assistance in Medicare and documenting the outreach, assistance, and outcomes in a database. This is a grant-funded position, with the possibility of renewal yearly.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; High school diploma or GED with one year’s experience in human services or working within a call center/telemarketing environment preferred. Work experience may be substituted for education
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and compliance with information security
• Ability to process and synthesize information and make decisions
• Ability to communicate succinctly through writing and verbal communication
• Ability to handle adversity productively and be able to tolerate stressful situations
• Possess effective time management, organization, and planning skills; be able to meet all deadline requirements
• Be able to display teamwork, adaptability, reliability, integrity, accountability, and initiative.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/