- Hauppauge, NY
The Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council based in Hauppauge, NY, seeks a full-time Facilitated Enroller. Reporting to the Quality Coordinator, Health Insurance Programs, key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing application assistance to special populations for enrollment into government sponsored health insurance programs throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
• Assess the healthcare needs of the applicant and identify the program that best fits their needs.
• Acquire the proper documentation that will best support their application.
• Instruct clients about the enrollment process, health insurance, and how to utilize their coverage.
This is a grant-funded position, with the possibility of renewal yearly.
• Bachelor’s degree with prior experience in public health insurance preferred; High school diploma or GED with one year’s experience in human services required. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Role requires daily travel within Nassau and Suffolk Counties (up to 60% of work time is spent outside of office); reliable transportation is required and the ability to maintain a flexible work schedule of 37.5 hours a week with routine evenings and occasional weekend hours.
• Upon hire, attend a mandatory company-paid 15-hour online certification training with the NY State Department of Health; complete course requirements and pass all certification tests to become a registered and certified CAC (Consumer Assistance Counselor) with the NY State of Health Marketplace;
• Maintain certification as a NY State of Health CAC by attending all NYS mandatory webinar training sessions (company-paid) during the months of July through October every year; total of approximately 25 hours of training each year; failure to complete training within the time-frame will result in loss of NYS certification; if there is a loss of certification, you will be required to re-take the mandatory, 15-hour online certification training with NY State Department of Health and complete course requirements, which includes passing all certification tests (open-book tests).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and compliance with information security.
• Ability to process and synthesize information and make decisions.
• Ability to communicate succinctly through writing and verbal communication.
• Ability to handle adversity productively and be able to tolerate stressful situations.
• Possess effective time management, organization, and planning skills; be able to meet all deadline requirements.
• Be able to display teamwork, adaptability, reliability, integrity, accountability, and initiative.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/