- Hauppauge, NY
The Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council, based in Hauppauge, New York, seeks an Administrative Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Program Manager - Health Insurance Programs, this full-time position will assist the team with the administrative duties of three government grant programs whose main functions are to assist people in enrolling into public health insurance programs and understand how to utilize their coverage. This is a grant-funded position, with the possibility of renewal yearly.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain and answer multiple phone lines and direct callers to proper entities; check voicemail every hour, log calls, and return calls as needed.
• Provide information to potential consumers of all public health insurance programs (i.e., Medicaid and Medicare) including, but not limited to, reviewing eligibility requirements, identifying enrollment assistance locations in a caller’s area, handling intake forms, and directing callers to the appropriate people in the office including program staff and non-program staff.
• Complete intake forms for callers looking for Community Health Advocates (CHA) services and enter forms into the CHA database.
• Provide data entry of cases into the CHA database on a monthly basis; keep track of monthly case numbers and report to Program Manager.
• Assist in addressing needs of CHA clients as per Program Manager’s guidance.
• Assist in preparing for committee meetings; preparing copies of hand-outs, greeting/directing members/guests upon arrival, etc.
• Assist with entering information into the NYS Health Commerce System (HCS), and an internal database system developed by HANYS.
• Attend training sessions conducted for Aged, Blind and Disabled program as needed.
• High School diploma or GED required with 3 years prior experience in the human services field preferred.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is a must for this position with the ability to translate materials from English to Spanish preferred.
• Basic computer literacy.
• Strong communication, both verbal and writing skills.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
• Able to work independently.
• Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid a plus
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Please apply at https://www.hanys.org/about/careers/