- International Paper
- Operations & Logistics
- Compton, CA
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 52,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
The CIM Maintenance Manager sets priorities and coordinates crew activities and assignments and is responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs and upgrades to converting or corrugated equipment; Serves as a technical resource for production managers. Typically has previous supervisory experience. Base salary for this position is $90-100k, plus upwards of a 10-15% cash bonus.
- Oversee maintenance department and manage employees.
- Report to Manufacturing Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and Implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas.
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and Purchase materials, parts, and supplies as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Demonstrates ability to become a Manufacturing Manager within 2 years
- Can fill in for/assist Manufacturing Manager in Plant Operations
- Must meet criteria according to the Maintenance Manger Audit/Evaluation Tool
- Seven Major Areas of Evaluation:
- CTA Safety Programs; Implementation and Sustainment
- CTA Manufacturing Reliability System Application
- Division Maintenance Indices
- Reinventing Box Plant Maintenance; Implementation and Sustainment
- CTA Environmental Practices and Procedures
- Project Management
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Demonstrated personnel supervisory skills.
- Five+ years maintenance and leadership experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- College and/or related technical courses.
- Five years experience in the corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Action oriented
- Customer/Quality Focused
- Organizational Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
CIM Maintenance Manager Posting – Compton:
Apply through the following link: