- Air Fayre CA Inc.
- Operations & Logistics
- Gardena, CA
The Equipment Supervisor monitors operation to schedule, organizing the safe and efficient operations of Equipment, Assembly, and Liquor.
Maintaining operational compliance to customer specifications while partnering with each department to anticipate delays, identifying areas of potential delays to ascertain the cause of the delay, and keep the flight on track to completion.
Reports to: ES&L Manager
Position Type: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Hourly Wage: $39,000-$48,000 /per year
Work Hours: AM & PM Shift
Work Condition: Warehouse/Production
Functions and Responsibilities
• Overseeing and managing staff on the production line, measuring and monitoring production. Perform regular checks and resolve all issues in the department effectively & efficiently.
• Conduct structured training using established standard work job instructions to ensure staff are training & developed to meet the requirements of their role, work correctly, safely, and conscientiously.
• Approving clock hours and overtime allocation based on operational needs
• Meet established KPI goals surrounding meeting production timelines, rework, management of labor hours. Performance reviews used to pinpoint coaching opportunities
• Checking and reporting dates and rotation on food & beverage items to ensure alignment with inventory supply. Ensuring an elevated level of hygiene in all areas, and adhering to safe working practices at all times
• Supervising conformity and compliance with safety SOP’s and FDA regulations at all times during a shift. Carrying out stock takes and monitoring the delivery of items from the warehouse, i.e., Checking warehouse deliveries to ensure the accuracy of incoming stock and relevant paperwork
• Working position(s) within the department accordingly/as scheduled & liaising directly with food department/dispatch/warehouse department and air-side departments
• Incorporate process improvement through TCT (Total Cycle Time) initiatives, VPS, and HACCP. Champion all company initiatives including Training Within Industry, Customer Satisfaction, Team-Based Leadership
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a related industry
• Effective written & verbal communication skills are required for this role with established ability in building rapport with employees & colleagues
• Must be proactive, effective follow-up & follow-through at all times. Structured and well organized. Demonstrated abilities in awareness and proactive approach in ensuring conformity and compliance with regulations
• Able to perform under pressure, maintaining a consistent level of work output, and willing to adapt to unpredictable working hours and situations. Must have experience in working with established goals driven by performance metrics
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent required. College degree preferred
• Enjoys managing people, engaging & strong communicator
• Experience in utilizing job training aids to allow one to quickly train employees to do a job correctly, safely, and conscientiously
• Ability to perform under pressure, maintaining a consistent level of work output, and willing to adapt to unpredictable working hours and situations
• Demonstrated ability in optimizing people, resources, effort, and energy toward creating value based on continuous improvement and respect for people
• Experienced in labor (and truck) scheduling
• Outgoing, able to thrive in fast-paced environments
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
• Basic understanding of lean manufacturing principles as they relate to Six Sigma, 5S, and Kaizen.
•Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product/ equipment 25-50lbs periodically
•Regularly stands, bends, and repetitive movements during shift
apply directly at https://airfayre.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=90