- Beacon OHSS
- Anchorage, AK
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Alaska
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Compensation and Hours
Minimum Salary: DOE
Maximum Salary: DOE
Type of Job: Part Time
Benefits: To be discussed
Anticipated Job Duration: Year Round
Immediate opening for Part-Time! This key position will be based in Anchorage, AK and requires a State of Alaska licensure. It’s a fast-paced client-oriented environment. The majority of our patient volume is comprised of client workforce pre-employment physicals, annual surveillance, and work-comp/injury illness management. We also have a small book of private patient business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provides acute and occupational medical care to patients. Performs occupational surveillance testing (audiograms, pulmonary function tests, physicals, drug test collections etc.) both within the Anchorage based clinics and onsite as necessary.
- Diagnoses and treats illnesses and injuries of the workforce according to collaborative agreement with the supervising physicians.
- Conducts laboratory, radiological and electro-cardiograph diagnostic procedures as required.
- Refers patients to appropriate consulting physicians and dentists within Alaska when the scope of required medical care is beyond the capabilities of the medical facility.
- Prescribes and dispenses appropriate pharmaceuticals including controlled substances as approved by the supervising physician, within the scope of the collaborative agreement and in accordance with DEA regulations.
- Performs employee occupational surveillance testing as required by Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection programs and the NFPA physicals. Consults with occupational medicine physician as necessary.
- Maintains medical records according to company policies and expected standards of medical practice. This includes but is not limited to injury reporting, completion/review of medical forms, and maintenance of statistical logs.
- Consults with supervising physician in patient care problems resulting from unusual or chronic illnesses, psychological illness, or substance abuse.
- Consults with employee's supervisor, safety representative, Human Resources, Worker's Compensation coordinator, and specialist physicians to coordinate injury rehabilitation and return to work.
- Maintains state licensure and national certification by completing required educational and testing programs.
- Health Promotions: Assist with performance of response team fitness assessments, and other health promotion programs.
- Maintains work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with blood borne pathogens regulations, cleanliness, and proper functioning of clinical medical equipment.
- Has the required computer skills to operate standard Microsoft office applications and occupational health programs as required.
Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant training program.
Maintains professional certification with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and State of Alaska licensure (or eligible to apply of State of AK Lic).
Maintains emergency medicine skills through specific training (Advanced Cardiac Life Support).
Have or obtain appropriate certifications in Occupational Medicine Testing and CAOHC and NIOSH.
Offer contingent upon ability to pass a pre-employment drug testing, physical exam, background check, and motor vehicle report.
Job Type: Part-Time
Please send resumes to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.