- DataGen (Subsidiary of Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS)
- Rensselaer, NY
Data Gen, Inc., a subsidiary of the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS), is seeking a Vice President, Sales and Partnership Development. DataGen offers a variety of health care data analytics, software solutions, and support to hospitals, physician groups, specialty providers, state hospital and health care associations, and multi-state health care systems. Reporting to the President, DataGen, this full-time position is responsible for generating significant new business opportunities to generate revenue for HANYS, DataGen’s parent company, serving both HANYS’ New York-based Membership and clients in a national market. The business opportunities will typically consist of a marketing relationship with “strategic partners” to endorse, promote, and sell the partners’ products and services, or they may consist of hybrid offerings, in which the partner organization and either HANYS or DataGen will create a joint, go-to-market offering. The creation and oversight of a new sales team, partner-account management team, and marketing strategy function are significant components of the position. 50% of the position’s effort will focus on DataGen. Key components of the position include: Business and Partnership Development, Account Management, Marketing, Sales, Customer Relationships, Industry Knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, or finance; and preferably with some coursework in statistics, economics, computer science, or quantitative analysis. MBA is a highly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Minimum of 10-15 years in business development, sales, and marketing partnerships, with significant accomplishments in a healthcare-related company, with strong preference for successes in a healthcare technology or consulting firm that has an analytics focus.
• Experience engaging executives and key stakeholders to support business development, sales activity, customer relationships, and marketing partnerships.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills in the sales and business development life cycle, resulting in partnership development and increased revenues.
• Demonstrated understanding of healthcare business operations and clinical workflows.
• Demonstrated commitment to teamwork while maintaining a positive attitude and inclusive work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be creative while analytically viewing challenges to develop client-focused solutions.
• Excellent relationship-building skills (internal and external) with a strong business acumen and aptitude to identify key business issues.
• People management and leadership skills.
• Intellectually curious and an innovative thinker, with a desire to understand everything about our customers and market opportunities, and who understands the practical application of our solutions.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills. Advanced competency with Microsoft Office tools.
• Up to 50% travel expected in a normal year. Travel in 2021 not expected due to the pandemic.
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected status.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012
To apply, please refer to the following link: