- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Vice President, Quality Advocacy, Research & Innovation; Post-Acute/Continuing Care. This position is headquartered in Rensselaer, New York (upstate NY’s Capital Region). HANYS is a statewide, membership association representing hospitals and healthcare systems since 1925. Reporting to the Chief Operating and Innovations Officer, this full-time position provides strategic direction, planning, coordination, and oversight for development and execution of the association-wide quality and patient safety-related advocacy agenda and supporting initiatives designed to assist HANYS members to meet internal and external quality and safety expectations.
• Policy formulation and response.
• Identification of quality and safety improvement advances and innovations.
• Identify opportunities for new partnerships and revenue generation.
• Development and management of fee-based coaching/consulting on quality improvement.
• Development and oversight of large scale and statewide quality improvement initiatives (many of which are funded through significant grants or contracts).
• Collaboration with other state and national organizations and with member organizations, particularly through work with clinical and operational executives and members of HANYS Statewide Steering Committee on Quality Initiatives
• Maximizes staff skills and professional contributions to HANYS; select, direct, manage and evaluate performance of staff and resources; facilitate professional development of staff and all consultants contracted through the Division.
• Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree preferred) with at least ten years progressive leadership experience in the health care industry, which should include experience leading large scale clinical quality improvement initiatives, managerial capabilities, and quantitative/qualitative analysis skills. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered.
• Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician, Physician Assistant, Pharmacist, or other clinical certification preferred.
• Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining highly visible and effective interactions with internal and external groups, with the ability to positively lead and influence decision-making.
• Strong leadership and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• A high degree of knowledge regarding health policy, key health care issues and quality and safety improvement methods as it impacts HANYS member organizations.
• Experience with Lean methodology and implementation a plus.
• Ability to successfully develop, oversee, and coordinate, several multi-faceted projects simultaneously.
• Proficient with computers and computer software such as the Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with statistics.
• Significant travel is required.
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012
To apply, please refer to the following link: