- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Hauppauge, NY
Nassau Suffolk Hospital Council (NSHC), an affiliate of the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) and a division of the Suburban Hospital Alliance of New York State (SHANYS) along with its sister association in the Hudson Valley, Northern Metropolitan Hospital Association (NorMet), seeks a Manager of Communications, Health Outreach and Research. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Communications and Population Health, this full-time, partially grant-funded position will provide overall operational/technical management of communications for these hospital associations and their relevant initiatives; manage social media and all digital marketing/communications; identify, design and execute community engagement strategies, communications strategies, and research projects/needs to advance the initiatives of the Suburban Hospital Alliance of New York State and its regional association divisions. This position is based in Hauppauge, NY.
• Develop, manage, and execute all communications strategies, content, and social media campaigns for all association programs, projects, grants, and related initiatives, including the development of social media analytics reports to drive further digital engagement and geo-targeting
• Oversee graphic and web design, and all communication distribution channels/platforms.
• Manage the promotion of population health to hospital members, community partners, and the public through use of traditional and digital engagement strategies that tie into the Long Island Health Collaborative.
• Assist in the launch of a health communications consulting initiative and other marketing activities and works with clients/organizations to fulfill project deliverables. Identify potential clients and collaborators.
• Lead research and develop content framework related to population health, public health, health policy information relevant to the Prevention Agenda and other state/federal policies driving healthcare delivery, as well as social determinant of health topics of interest to member hospitals and community partners. Support research needs of senior leadership.
• Manage and direct the New York Coalition for Transportation Safety grant, including all aspects of special events/meetings, digital programming, and leads team meetings, including developing the agendas, obtaining speakers, preparing materials, and conducting feedback surveys.
• Identify potential community-serving partners who would bring valuable expertise to the Long Island Health Collaborative. Secure these contacts as new collaborative participants.
• Bachelor’s degree required in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field. Five years’ experience in healthcare communications/marketing or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Prior experience in leading social media/digital marketing or communications projects, including content development, marketing/communications strategies, and analytic reports. Experience with graphic/web design, digital engagement and geo-targeting strongly preferred.
• Expertise in social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
• Prior experience working with healthcare is preferred. Experience with population health is a plus.
• Experience successfully managing multiple priorities expected.
• Ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a high-performing team.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that serves the health care industry as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
To apply, please refer to the following link: