- HANYS Benefit Services
- Rensselaer, NY
HANYS Benefit Services (HBS), a subsidiary of the Healthcare Association of New York State, is seeking a full-time Employee Benefits Account Manager. This position reports to the Director, Employee Benefit Services, HBS and is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of the client relationship for the purpose of business retention, revenue growth, and overall client satisfaction. Key aspects of the position include:
• Provide excellent, high-touch service to existing benefit clients.
• Negotiate small and large group plan renewals and identify new sources of revenue opportunities.
• Client engagement and education in design, funding, and administration options for benefit plans.
• Act as liaison between our clients and insurance carriers/vendors.
Our Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic and has exceptional interpersonal and long term relationship building skills. If you have the ability to confidently present information to small and large groups; design benefit plan options and negotiate rates with carriers; build relationships and provide consultative, strategic value to clients in managing employee benefit products and services, we encourage you to apply!
• Minimum of five (5) years of directly related insurance and product experience expected.
• AAS Degree or equivalent related experience is required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Experience working for an insurance brokerage firm or insurance company is preferred.
• Prior experience servicing employee benefit accounts (Medical, Dental, Vision, HRA, HSA, DBL/PFL, Life/AD&D, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience assisting clients with benefit questions, issues, coverages, education, etc.
• Demonstrated experience cultivating and maintaining exceptional relationships with key decision makers.
• NYS Life & Health License required or must be obtained 30 days post-hire
• Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012.
Please refer to the following link to apply: