- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a President within DataGen, a HANYS Solutions company (HSI). DataGen offers a variety of health care data analytics, software solutions, and support to state hospital and health care associations, and multi-state health care systems. Reporting to HANYS President and CEO, develops and executes strategy related to Data Gen’s business lines and organizational structure. Oversees a senior management team responsible for day-to-day administration/operations of the business unit with direct administrative responsibility for all Data Gen product lines. Builds and maintains external relationships with senior leadership in member hospitals, regional associations, clients, industry groups and business partners. Serves in the capacity of COO, HANYS Solutions Inc. with approval and signing authority for contracts, expenses, etc.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Identifies business opportunities within the healthcare industry and healthcare transformation landscape. Makes recommendations to HANYS’ leadership regarding implementation of new business strategies therein.
• Develops long-term strategic plans and one year operating plans and budgets for Data Gen.
• Initiates, develops, and meets budget expectations that ensure net revenue growth and financial sustainability of the business lines.
• Co-leads the HANYS Solutions, Inc. Board meetings and partners with HANYS’ Chief Operating and Innovation Officer to develop meeting agendas, materials, minutes and assures action plan items are executed.
• Supervises management directing the Data Gen business line activities. Assures successful achievement of business line goals and performance of Data Gen staff. Performs managerial duties including performance appraisals annually, staffing decisions (hiring/terminations), performance management and staff development.
• Participates in sales activities to prospective clients and maintains continuing contact with existing customers as required.
• Directs development of new business opportunities/joint venture partnerships consistent with overall business strategy including business model development, contract negotiations and marketing strategies.
• Provides input and recommendations to HANYS’ overall business and revenue growth strategies.
• Actively participates as a member of the executive leadership team to help guide organizational goals and execution of those goals. Works in collaboration with the COIO to meet strategic goals and objectives.
• A bachelor’s degree required, Masters/MBA preferred with a minimum of 10 years related experience.
• The ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives across several business lines, think strategically, motivate and develop staff, and work in a team, service-oriented environment is essential.
• Ability to successfully manage the product lifecycle, establish revenue projections, set strategic goals and implement initiatives to meet/exceed such goals.
• Exceptional sales and communications skills including business writing, oral (including presentation skills), and interpersonal.
• Healthcare industry experience related to healthcare informatics and technology is preferred.
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012
To apply, please refer to the following link: