- Financial Services
- New York, NY
At UBS, we appreciate our Veterans and are committed to providing opportunities in Financial Services. That‘s why we‘re interested in meeting talented individuals like you for our Veterans Associate Program. To help us get to know each other, we offer a customized post military program which will introduce you to various business groups within the company. You can spend time in our offices, meet our team, and learn about the business – giving you an opportunity to show us a bit of who you are and what you can do. If you are ready to embark on a career with us, there are many opportunities to get off to the best possible start.
Our Veterans Associate Program will prepare you for a post military career at UBS. It gives you the chance to work side by side and learn from some of the most successful people in the industry, acquire new skills, and make important contacts to help you get a head start. We want you to see what working for UBS is like so you can develop a broad and realistic view of our business, culture and workplace.
This program will be 20 weeks long:
• 2 weeks of training and orientation to include; Overview of UBS' businesses, introduction to Excel Macros & Tools, Modeling and Valuations
• Multiple rotational assignments across the divisions
• Opportunity to interview for permanent employment during the program
Key Hiring Areas:
Global Wealth Management Americas
Our Global Wealth Management division provides advice-based solutions through financial advisors who deliver a fully integrated set of products and services specifically designed to address the needs of ultra high net worth and high net worth individuals and families. It includes the domestic US business, the domestic Canadian business and international business booked in the US.
The Investment Bank provides corporate, institutional, and wealth management clients with expert advice, innovative financial solutions, outstanding execution and comprehensive access to the world‘s capital markets. It offers investment banking and capital markets, research, equities, foreign exchange, precious metals and tailored fixed income services in rates and credit through its two business units, Global Banking (GB) and Global Markets (GM). The Investment Bank is an active participant in capital markets flow activities, including sales, trading and market-making across a range of securities.
Asset Management is a large-scale asset manager with businesses diversified across regions, capabilities and distribution channels. It offers investment capabilities and styles across all major traditional and alternative asset classes including equities, fixed income, currencies, hedge fund, real estate, infrastructure and private equity that can also be combined into multi-asset strategies. The fund services unit provides professional services including fund setup, accounting and reporting for both traditional investment funds and alternative funds.
Let us know what kind of work you’re best at, and what you like to do. Based on your areas of interest, skills, and experience, we’ll match you to the right opportunities at UBS.
• honorable discharge or current Reserve or Guard status
• demonstrated top performance throughout military career
• bachelor's degree with a well-rounded academic background (coursework preferably in finance, economics or engineering)
• strong knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• demonstrated significant interest in financial services industry
• strong verbal & written communication and presentation skills
• strong analytical and/or quantitative skills
• ability to adapt and work well under pressure in a demanding corporate environment
• ability to produce accurate, detailed documents and presentations under tight deadlines
• ability to manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail
• ability to manage projects independently while assuming a high level of responsibility
Please go to www.ubs.com/careers to apply directly to our Veterans Associate Program. We will only consider applications submitted online via our careers website. We are committed to ensuring that every candidate has an equal opportunity when competing for available positions. We use a number of assessment tools to help us evaluate your individual skills and qualities and assess your potential against the requirements of the role.
Reference job ID – 212431BR
Please apply directly to www.ubs.com/careers - Reference job ID – 212431BR