- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Rensselaer, NY
DataGen, a subsidiary of the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Product Support Specialist for the Health Information Management (HIM) Data Products. DataGen offers a variety of health care data analytics, software solutions, and support to individual hospitals, state hospital and health care associations, and multi-state health care systems. This full-time position holds primary responsibility for supporting two software products used in hospital Health Information Departments. Principal duties include:
• Build ongoing relationships with customers
• Software installation and configuration
• SQL Database maintenance
• Working with different types of data file interfaces, and data manipulation
• Answer system questions and provide workflow and implementation best practices when necessary
• Troubleshoot to resolve or properly escalate support incidents
• Staff the Help Desk phones
• Call customers as needed as you manage their incident
• Answer escalated phone calls as needed
• Review potential defects for accuracy and quality for submission to Product Development
• Work with Product Development teams to correct customer issues
• Recognize trends within reported issues and identify potential user concerns to determine a root cause and/or workarounds for customers
Our ideal candidate will have a strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in: communication, problem resolution, customer service delivery, interpersonal and presentation skills (including customer training). If you have prior client support experience with competencies in troubleshooting data processes and product software support, we encourage you to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience supporting a software application
• Proficiency with SQL databases; thorough understanding of relational databases and strong data analytical skills
• Proficiency with PC-based software such as Excel, Word as well as experience with Windows operating systems
• Prior client support experience with competencies in troubleshooting data processes and product software support
• Ability to work independently or within a team environment to meet tight deadlines
• Strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in: communication, problem resolution, customer service delivery, interpersonal and presentation skills (including customer training)
• Periodic travel within New York State, with overnights expected
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012.
To apply, use the following link: