- American Corporate Partners
- New York, NY
American Corporate Partners is looking for a Senior Operations Associate to join our growing team of enthusiastic employees working to support post-9/11 veterans and military spouses as they transition from military life to civilian careers. There’s no other organization quite like ACP – we have a unique mission, an entrepreneurial spirit and a personalized approach to our services.
American Corporate Partners (ACP), www.acp-usa.org, is a non-profit organization founded in 2008 dedicated to helping veterans and military spouses find their next careers in the civilian workforce.
ACP is a unique and rapidly growing organization. We are currently providing mentorships to more than 3,000 veterans, service members and spouses across the country. To date, we have assisted more than 16,000 veterans in their transition. As ACP continues to expand, we seek to hire a detail-oriented, positive and hard-working individual to join our team of 40 in New York City.
The Senior Operations Associate position involves:
· Creating and supporting mentoring relationships
· Leading projects and supporting project teams like corporate relations, our new military spouse program and/or our new fund development team
· Thinking creatively to spot opportunities for ACP’s continued growth and working as part of a team to develop strategies
The ideal candidate will be interested in growing into a management position at ACP, have an entrepreneurial mindset and ideally have at least 3 years of post-college work experience at a nonprofit or startup.
· On-boarding Mentor and Protégé applicants, including reviewing applications and conducting short phone interviews
· Hand-selecting Mentors for post-9/11 veterans and military spouses based on their career interests, personalities, locations, etc.
· Managing a caseload of mentorships and Managing providing facilitation and high-touch support to mentoring relationships between Fortune 500 leaders and transitioning veterans
· Proactively suggesting and implementing ideas for improving ACP's programs
· Taking a leadership role in additional project teams, such as corporate relations, fund development, our new active-duty spouse program, veteran outreach, website design, etc.
· Dedication to ACP's mission and a desire to assist post-9/11 service members and military spouses with their career development
· Three to five years of relevant work experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Positive attitude and sense of humor
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Demonstrated ability to focus on both the strategy and the execution of projects
· Ability to produce high quality work for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Commensurate with experience
· Paid vacation, holidays and PTO
· Healthcare, dental and vision benefits
How to Apply
Please, no phone calls!
To apply, submit an application (resume and tailored cover letter) via email to Kathleen Dunn-Knudsen at email@example.com.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.