- HANYS Benefit Services
- Financial Services
- Rensselaer, NY
HANYS Benefit Services (HBS), a subsidiary of the Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS), is a well-established, institutional retirement plan and employee benefits advisor. Client retirement plan assets exceed $4.9 billion, with a majority of our clients located in New York State. We are looking for a Retirement Plan Consultant to join our team. Reporting to the VP, Consulting, HBS, this full-time position will be primarily responsible for leading or assisting in the completion of various consulting projects. Our Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic and has exceptional analytical, oral and written communications skills. Key aspects of the position include:
• In conjunction with Vice President, Consulting, conducts consulting projects such as retirement plan operational reviews, plan modeling, plan compliance reviews, etc.
• Prepares and presents reports as needed.
• Works with Vice President and client relations team to resolve complex problems arising at clients.
• Meets with key accounts as needed.
• Participates in finals presentations as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree required, concentrations in accounting, finance or business preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted.
• Working knowledge of defined contribution retirement plans required.
• Prior experience in accounting and/or auditing is desired.
• New York State Life and Health license and FINRA 6 & 63 required or obtained within six months of employment.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Strong proficiency in Excel required.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess superior analytical, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to present complex topics in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
• Travel as required.
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012.
To apply, click on the following link: