- Buffalo & Pittsburgh Railroad, Inc. (BPRR)
- Operations & Logistics
- Rochester, NY
The person in this position assists the marketing director in all activities and skills involved in marketing, sales, and new account development and is the primary customer contact for small to medium accounts or companies new to rail transportation. Direct sales and marketing functions are the key activities, along with the ability to perform sales administration and analytical activities and projects. He or she should have a detailed knowledge of the customer base and transportation needs, to develop action plans and coordinate company resources in fulfilling customer requirements, achieving customer satisfaction, and meeting assigned revenue targets.
• Develop competitive service-and-pricing analysis to establish new pricing that meets revenue and contribution objectives
• Negotiate rates with customers and revenue divisions with connecting carriers
• Maintain pricing administration and related documentation processes, ensuring that valid prices are in place and available to all parties who may require them
• Publish prices and resolve disputes related to pricing, assessorial issues, and payments
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and with pricing, marketing, and operating representatives of other railroads
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
• Experience with the development of pricing, tariffs, and commercial regulations within the railroad industry
• Excellent quantitative skills
• Proven record of resourcefulness and ability to perform well with limited supervision
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; master’s degree in business or marketing preferred
• At least seven years of marketing management experience; railroad experience preferred
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.