- Healthcare Association of New York State
- Rensselaer, NY
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking an Attorney to join our Legal team. HANYS is a statewide membership association representing over 500 hospitals and healthcare systems since 1925. This position is headquartered in Rensselaer, New York (upstate NY’s Capital Region).
Reporting to the General Counsel and working closely with all members of the Legal Department, will provide legal support across all facets of the organization with a specific focus on contracts support and transactional work. Key activities include:
• Be a key partner with HANYS’ for-profit entities to draft, review, negotiate and execute a wide range and volume of agreements, including but not limited to professional service agreements, IT agreements, purchasing agreements, consulting agreements, business associate agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Partner with HANYS’ Senior Director of Compliance to ensure that all contracts comply with federal and state laws, regulations, grant guidelines, and procurement rules. Experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance requirements is helpful but not required.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of required corporate documents, including articles, bylaws, policies, licenses corporate, minutes, regulatory filings, and contracts.
• Assist the General Counsel in conducting legal research and providing advice related to legal matters with fiscal and corporate impacts.
• Must be an attorney in good standing with a minimum of five years’ related experience. Preferred areas of experience include corporate and transactional expertise with a specific focus on contracts support and transactional work
• A Juris Doctorate and admission to practice law in New York State is expected
• Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare and insurance laws and regulations is preferred
• Excellent speaking and writing skills, including the ability to clearly describe complex issues
• Ability to think creatively and strategically
• Effective leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing demands and prioritize work load
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012