- Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services, Inc. (GRSI)
- Operations & Logistics
- Rochester, NY
The person in this position prepares financial statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports; analyzes financial reports and records relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures; manages technology and assists in forecasts and budgets; resolves routine questions and problems; and refers more complex tasks to higher levels.
• Assist in all phases of closing and reporting of assigned duties, including preparation of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, and analysis of variances in income statement and balance sheet accounts
• Communicate and coordinate with other departments and regional personnel, including first-line regional financial contact and support for assigned region
• Analyze financial reports and records relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures
• Prepare analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and internal controls
• Prepare for and participate in internal and external audits in functional area
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Represent the function in special projects and assignments
• Assist with other projects and perform other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions
• Good interpersonal and communications skills; ability to focus on resolving conflict, speak and write clearly and persuasively, listen to get clarification, and respond well to questions
• Ability to build trust by treating customers, peers, and others with integrity and respect, upholding organizational values, and keeping commitments
• Ability to work as part of a team, balancing team and individual responsibilities and contributing to building a positive team spirit; ability to support everyone’s efforts to succeed
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting with one to three years of experience
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Bachelors or better.