- SEIU 775 Benefits Group
- Seattle, WA
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Video Editor will be responsible for assembling recorded footage into a finished project that matches the learning experience vision and is suitable for inclusion into courses. The Instructional Video Editor should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story. This position will also communicate with other members of the visual production team on the need for edits and planning for needed work. The ideal candidate will possess deep experience in the visual production field as well as high emotional intelligence. The Video Editor will take on a coordination and development role in ensuring that deadlines are met.
• Edit video content that enhances the learning scope and meets outcomes
• Prepare editing project files for efficiently for localizing
• Edit video content in a way that is discrete and cohesive to audience
• Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
• Collaborate with the Video Producer to ensure brand consistency is maintained
• Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects to enhance learning experience
• Create rough and final drafts of edited video for Learning Experience team
• Consult with Learning Experience team from production to post-production process
• Other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of video editing experience; experience with educational videos preferred
• Education in video production preferred
• Enjoys fast paced environment and possess attention to detail
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
• Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
• Intuitively creative with strong and storytelling skills
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and work when there are shifting priorities
• Awareness of trends in educational videos
• Track record of taking initiative and able to achieve planned goals
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package.
Applicants who receive an invitation to interview should be prepared to share a portfolio of their work.