- Information Technology
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) IT team is seeking a multi discipline Systems Administrator to join our IT support team in Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland.
The candidate selected for this position will perform Windows & Linux Systems Administration (mainly Windows, some Linux) and basic networking tasks in the classified and closed environment. Duties for this Systems Administrator role include, but not limited to providing computing support to Windows desktop and server environment; troubleshooting and resolving incidents related to software and hardware; assisting in designing, implementing and supporting computing environment.
The candidate is expected to work well under general direction. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving, verbal and communication skills, customer focused, and organized. The candidate will be responsible for day to day IT oversight of the location in both classified and unclassified areas.
- Active Secret clearance required
- Minimum 6 years of experience with Windows operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- VMWare VSphere (e.g. ESXi, vCenter) administration and support
- UNIX/Linux Systems Administration
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and threat mitigation technologies
- Strong understanding of server backup
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Understanding of network services as related to Microsoft Windows environment (e.g. DC, GC, DNS, DHCP, CIFS, etc)
- Experience with Splunk, Centrify, and PowerShell
- Storage Experience with Net App
- Cloud computing service provisioning (e.g. Amazon Web Service, Azure, etc)
- Infrastructure as Code experience (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Automation via scripting (e.g. Ruby, Perl, Erlang, Python, PowerShell, etc)
- Security+ certification
Minimum Education Required:
*Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM-related field and 6 years of relevant experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.